MT Classic stop reading MIDI signals

Syro

2008-06-05 07:26:10

Not sure if this goes here or not, but I'm having a problem with MT classic receiving MIDI signals.

It'll work when I load up the program and plug in my trigger finger. I'll set up my translators, they work great, but after 5 minutes or so, it won't do anything. The systray icon is changing color when I press one of the pads on the TF, nor when I do a MIDI capture. It's as if the TF is unplugged.

The only way to get it to work is either to reboot my PC, or close the program for 30 minutes.

The MIDI in is set to the TF in, nothing in the settings have changed as far as I can tell. I've even tried different USB ports.

Tuur

2008-06-05 16:52:01

Did you try to hit the 'Stop' sign in MT?

Maybe it's a feedback problem...

Syro

2008-06-05 17:26:47

Yes, I tried stopping it and restarting it.

Tuur

2008-06-05 17:49:40

Do you see in/out 'leds' flash after that?

Yoke could be killing the stream too if it's a feedback problem...

Syro

2008-06-05 23:02:38

When it works, the systray icon flashes when it receives a midi signal, when it's not working, the icon doesn't flash any more.

Could I just be using the software incorrectly?

Tuur

2008-06-06 10:09:30

I don't think that's very likely. I'll think about it some more...

florian

2008-06-07 17:34:25

Hi Syro,

that seems to be a serious problem. Can you try with different MIDI software and see if it looses MIDI connection after 5 (?) minutes?

In Midi Translator, after MIDI IN stopped working
- can you select a different MIDI IN port and will it work?
- can you select "None" and then the trigger finger?

Thanks for your time,
Florian

Syro

2008-06-08 01:53:13

The midi controller works on another piece of software, and I also tried a different midi controller with Bome and it does the same.

When I deselect the TF from the Midi in and reselect it, it works again for another few minutes. Once it stops working and I try that trick again, it doesn't get it working again. :-/

How ever, if I wait a long time and try that trick, it'll work again.

Syro

2008-06-10 18:23:09

Anyone else?

florian

2008-06-11 00:36:58

Hi Syro,

I know it's much to ask, but would it be possible to test your problem on a different computer? We have no idea what's going on here -- MT is known for its long-term stability, and though we don't have a trigger finger to test, we know customers use it without any problems.

Which version of Windows do you use?

Thanks,
Florian

Syro

2008-06-11 00:59:52

I'll give it a shot on another computer, it's ok to ask. I work in IT :p

I'm using Vista Ultimate 32bit, and the other computer I'll try it on will have vista ultimate 32bit as well.

Syro

2008-06-20 18:04:54

Just an update since it's been a while....

I did try it on my new computer since I've upgraded the past week, and things seem to be doing much better.

I'll report back if I have any more issues, but thanks for the help.