in you tube:Live Looping w/MIDI (Kid Beyond style)

Jagian

2008-05-31 07:40:43

Hi:
Im new here, testing MT pro demo. Im interested in live looping "kid beyond" style but with hands free, cause i play guitar. I look this video: Live Looping w/MIDI (Kid Beyond style) ..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAA3PkWB ... 5A&index=4

is different from the tutorial discussed here in the forums, i think. Aniway i have a problem: the requisite is use a "momentary pedal", that must be configured (assignable) from a specific keyboard (korg z1 in this video). I have a korg s1 sustain pedal but i cant configure it to work like a momentary pedal (i have a midi controller M-audio keystation 88es). Then when i press the pedal acts like a sustain pedal and the notes play sustained!

I ask your help to suggest a possible solutions or alternatives. Any hint will be appreciated

metastatik

2008-05-31 22:44:55

On a lot of keyboards, the sustain pedal is not assignable…it only does sustain. An assignable pedal input will let you assign the pedal to a CC of your choice. To do a set up like in the vid, you’d need an assignable pedal input.

Jagian

2008-06-01 02:41:10

thanks, but i know that and in fact this is what i tried to explain: i need an assignable pedal or something that could change sustain to temporary pedal!!...maybe in MT pro could be the solution.

And tell me if in wrong..the assignable pedal doesnt depend of the pedal itself, depend of the keyboard where is connected!!

metastatik

2008-06-01 03:00:39

Sorry, I meant the “sustain pedal input” is not assignable. But, yes, you could use MT to take the sustain message and translate it into keystrokes just like shown in the video.

The difference though is that you don’t want the sustain pedal message to get to Live. To stop that from happening, you need to use MIDI Yoke to connect MT to Live and pass all the MIDI from your controller through MT. And make sure the Track switch is turned off for your controller in Live.

Jagian

2008-06-02 03:45:52

Thks metastatik:
problem resolved!...ur answer inspired to me :))

This is was the solution: a friend of mine lend me a MIDI controller from Novation (remote Zero SL)..its wonderful. I plugged the pedal to a conecction in remote zero! not in the keyboard!. Then: in MT midi in > remote sl port, and midi out >> automap midi (is like a virtual midi device from novation) an let me dont use midi yoke!!. In Ableton: input track>>keyboard, and input remote>>automap midi.

Everything works like a charm (midi and audio).

In short: a sustain pedal should be connected through MT using other midi controller than the keyboard!!...if i use the keyboard to connect the pedal i need to setup the keyboard twice: in MT (midi in) and in ableton. (input track)..this last config cause the sustained behavoir of the pedal!

Cheers.