Several suggestions

Kaitain

2008-03-12 15:39:54

Hi

I recently purchased MT pro and I'm using it on live with my band.

Here is a desciption of my proyect (unfortunately, in spanish), for those which this may be useful:
http://www.hispasonic.com/comunidad/abl ... 95556.html

It's still unfinished. My .bmpt file will be uploaded there soon.

After several days of work, here are some things I miss :

- Initializing variables feature. Having a variable whit "0" as starting value is not always usefull.
- Hability to comopecomples expresions using logic operaors, i.e:
IF (pp<1 ADN g0=3) THEN...
- Operator "NOT".
- And I know this is probably asking too much but, should it possible to have a box showing the variable's values in realtime?

Congrats for your great work Florian!

Regards

joesapo

2008-03-12 18:21:11

Kaitain wrote:Hi

I recently purchased MT pro and I'm using it on live with my band.

Here is a desciption of my proyect (unfortunately, in spanish), for those which this may be useful:
http://www.hispasonic.com/comunidad/abl ... 95556.html

It's still unfinished. My .bmpt file will be uploaded there soon.

After several days of work, here are some things I miss :

- Initializing variables feature. Having a variable whit "0" as starting value is not always usefull.
- Hability to comopecomples expresions using logic operaors, i.e:
IF (pp<1 ADN g0=3) THEN...
- Operator "NOT".
- And I know this is probably asking too much but, should it possible to have a box showing the variable's values in realtime?

Congrats for your great work Florian!

Regards
Hi Kaitain,

You have some good ideas in there. I think the complex expression rules would be a good addition.

There is actually a "NOT" operator when you're using IF/THEN statements. Using the "!=" operator will get you want you want i think.

Also, for showing the variables, you can access the MT Log Window ("Options"/"Log Window" on the upper menu bar) and then click "Dump Global Variables" to see all of their values. It's not 'real-time' but it's handy for a reference.

Kaitain

2008-03-14 19:04:17

Also, for showing the variables, you can access the MT Log Window ("Options"/"Log Window" on the upper menu bar) and then click "Dump Global Variables" to see all of their values. It's not 'real-time' but it's handy for a reference.
Yep, I know. It's useful, but I ment something more "compiler style". Sometimes is a little annoying clicking "dump" button everytime you press a pad just to ckeck if things go right ;).

By he way, my little tutorial is now finished. Although all the explanations are in Spanish, the graphics and the uploaded files might be useful for somebody.

Regards

florian

2008-03-14 21:02:05

Hi Kaitain,

nice setup you got there! and thanks, too, for the good suggestions.

I initialize the variables in a "On Project Load" translator.

"NOT" is a good idea, even if it can be done by negating the operators. I'm not sure that we'll integrate concatenated conditions soon, but of course that would be handy!

For a future version, we plan to add a "debug" window with better realtime display and modification of variables.

Later,
Florian

Kaitain

2008-03-17 00:30:35

Thank you!