Multiple Midi In & Midi Out

Steel

2008-01-30 11:21:30

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to choose multiple midi in & midi out?
If it's not possible today, will it be in future release?

Regards,
Mike

florian

2008-01-30 12:42:01

Hi Mike,

as a matter of fact, we're currently working on multi MIDI port functionality, so it will be available in a future release.

For now, you can do work around this (for some use cases) by using multiple instances of MT. See

http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4069
http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=105

Regards,
Florian

Steel

2008-01-30 16:11:02

Hi Florian,

and thanks for your answer.
I tried to use multiple instances, but when I tried to use the same midi in, I got a message saying that I can't use that midi input device because it's already i use.
Am I doing something wrong or is it just possible to have multiple instances if the midi ins and outs are diffrent?

When you say that multi MIDI port functionally will be available in a future release, do you have any idea when? In a cople of weeks, months or next year?

I have tried the 30-days demo of the Pro version and I really like it. If I only could choose 1 midi in and 3 diffrent midi out I would purchase it immediately.

Regards,
Mike

florian

2008-01-30 16:52:01

yes, you can usually only use a MIDI IN port in one application, so the use case of using the same MIDI IN from different MT instances won't work.

We usually don't provide estimates about availability of future versions, but it should be more than a couple of weeks, but less than a couple of months. We may release a public beta version before, too. And, users who purchased MT Pro have access to inofficial beta versions at any time, also allowing you to influence the way a particular feature is implemented. Inofficial beta versions will include multi-port MIDI access in a few days.

Regards,
Florian

Steel

2008-01-30 17:06:14

Ok, then I think I will purchase MT Pro later this week.

Thank you very much!

/Mike

Ozarkeys

2008-02-01 08:28:34

I would love an inofficial multiport beta if you don't mind.
I have 3 trigger to midi convertors for my drums so I have to open 3 Bome's to translate them. Multiport would obviously solve that. Thanks for your help.

-------Ozarkeys

florian

2008-02-01 11:28:46

Since you've purchased the Pro version, you're eligible. I'll send you the download link once the multi-port feature is ready for closed-group beta testing (may take a couple of more days).

Thanks,
Florian

Tuur

2008-03-28 13:34:59

*wakes up*

Hi guys, just started with Live & MT again this week, and I was wondering if this also means you can transform and split incoming midi to separate outputs?

The 1.6 version rocks by the way! :D

In case some of you are wondering, I'm building the ultimate DJ setup for an upcoming gig. Watch this space. ;)

florian

2008-03-31 22:34:55

Hi Tuur,

yes exactly that. You can select for every translator to which MIDI port(s) it applies.

Regards,
Florian

Tuur

2008-04-01 12:36:49

Great! Does this also work on the input side (I'm using 3 instances of MT for 1 control surface right now)? This would effectively make MT a midi-routing matrix.

I'm upgrading to Pro too by the way, since I'm having a lot of fun with the timer on my trail version. Also, it seems I still have to use the mouse for certain Live features I need...

I'd also be interested in Beta testing, if there's still room on the list.

florian

2008-04-01 15:26:50

Hi Tuur,

yes, it works on input&output, plus there's a MIDI route setup for direct connections of MIDI ports, and more 8). I'll send you a beta.

Regards,
Florian

Tuur

2008-04-01 15:37:18

Niiiice!

OiMutz

2008-06-07 23:33:05

Until this gets implemented, you can easily combine midi inputs and outputs using MIDI-Ox (free download). It's an incredibly powerful combination.

Angel

2008-08-22 11:01:44

Strong support for multiple ins and outs. I was impressed by Midi Translator at first, but I couldn't believe it is limited to single in/out right now. And currently it can't switch between Midi ports. My live rig has many ins and outs, and I want everything controlled within one application. Good to hear that this is in beta. Any update on this?

Also if Midi Tools would bring its own virtual Midi cable or ports would be nice. So you could save the extra overhead by other tools like MidiYokeNT or Hurchallas Maple VMC. The less different programs you run the less problems you have ...

Angel

ruediger

2008-08-22 13:01:30

Hi Angel,

if you have purchased Midi Translator Pro, I can send you the current beta version.

Regards,
Rüdi

funkyant

2008-09-06 07:47:19

I'll buy the pro version immediately, if it means I can get my hands on the multi port beta?

The single port version is not of use for my application / band setup. I want to use Ableton to send program changes via my MOTU Microlite's 5 out ports, to Bass, guitar and vocal effects hardware.

Do I just need to PM somebody my license code?

ruediger

2008-09-06 10:45:14

Hi Angel,

>>Do I just need to PM somebody my license code?

sorry, I don´t understand what you mean with PM
:roll:

funkyant

2008-09-06 13:24:30

I meant Private Message, but it seems you can't send them on his forum.

Can I get the beta please? If so, I'll buy the software right away :D

ruediger

2008-09-06 15:33:49

Send me your email address and your license key via:

http://www.bome.com/contact.php

Then I will send you the download link and password.

funkyant

2008-09-07 12:36:29

Details sent.

Thank You.

jsmain

2008-09-08 14:13:21

I'm a registered Pro user too, and would love to be able to translate from a software that allows only a single device to 2 devices.

If you could send a copy of the beta to me as well....

Please?

jeff_main at hotmail.com

Thank you so much.

fanboi

2008-11-17 05:17:38

using midi ox and a virtual cable you can have multiple inputs sending to a virtual cable (say midiyoke 1), then have MT take yoke 1 as output and send to yoke 2 to your software. this is how my current set up is.

feno

2008-11-17 23:07:23

florian wrote:Hi Mike,

as a matter of fact, we're currently working on multi MIDI port functionality, so it will be available in a future release.

Yaaay!