any way for bome's to accept bluetooth messages??

collen

2007-12-24 13:38:17

as the topic says. i have bome's midi translator classic, i use it to mediate between a modified roland FC100 and ableton live and all works well. however, i just thought about my phone, and its bluetooth capability. i can use my phone to control itunes, powerpoint etc over bluetooth - surely this must be easy to adapt to midi messages??

i found one thing about it on google but its for mac and im on xp:
http://www.bhajis-garden.org/story.php?id=31

if anyone knows any way to do this i'd be v grateful. and merry christmas!

collen

florian

2008-01-02 11:14:55

Hi Colleen,

first of all, a happy New Year!

Thanks for the great idea.
As a matter of fact, today arrived my Nintendo Wii controller, so that I can include support for it in MT. It works with Bluetooth, and the plan is to provide general bluetooth support for MT.

Stay tuned!
Regards,
Florian

collen

2008-01-02 20:02:05

florian,

great news! would be great for recording vocals in the studio when theres no-one else to press the controls! (assuming no-one calls me mid-take...)

just for info, i use bluesoleil instead of the native windows xp bluetooth, so if bome's could have support for this i'd be v happy.

have fun with your wii!

many thanks
collen

florian

2008-01-02 20:16:32

in case you need a wireless controller right now, I can recommend Frontier Design's Tranzport -- and it comes with excellent MT support 8)

[quote=collen]have fun with your wii! [/quote]

I wish! I just ordered the controller, they're quite cheap (and Wii's were out of stock anyway).

Regards,
Florian

adol_ivxx

2008-01-08 20:48:08

I clicked on this thread because it said Bluetooth and I hoped that perhaps it would have something to do with the Wiimote, as it runs on Bluetooth. As I read, at first I was disappointed to see that it was just about cell phones, but then I read the message from florian stating that he's already planned to make MT work with it. Wo-HOO! (Does a little dance of joy/vicotory).

So I thought I'd share what little I know about the Wiimote and Midi control currently, in case florian hadn't run across this info yet, or just for everybody else's benefit.

There is a program by a guy called Carl Kenner(sp?) called GlovePIE that was originally written for a VR glove, to map things like keystrokes, joystick movements, or even MIDI messages to its movements. Now it has support for a bunce of input devices, including direct support of the Wiimote (and even the nunchuk too, apparently). It can be found at

http://carl.kenner.googlepages.com/glovepie

Seems to me (having not yet looked at EITHER program closely yet), that MT and GlovePIE working together opens up a whole new spectrum of control possibilities.

I wonder though- if you have glovePIE running, getting the bluetooth input and outputting MIDI, then MT running as well, translating that Midi into whatever MIDI, would that have any real effect on latency, assuming everything else works perfectly? I'm thinking no, but just thought I'd ask.

Anyways, great product (I THINK; I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty certain it is the answer to nearly EVERY limitation I currently have due in one way or another to MIDI) and if it's really what I think it is, I'll be buying it soon...

adol[IV:XX]

There's some

florian

2008-01-09 17:48:12

Hi Adol,

thanks for the nice post. Indeed, I've tried the Wiimote with GlovePIE and it works nicely. You can also use Yoke or other virtual MIDI port to connect it to MT and use its MIDI processing capabilities on top of it. GlovePIE is harder to set up though... I haven't done any latency measurements of GlovePIE (and that will be quite difficult anyway). Midi Translator typically adds just minimal delay in the microsecond range.

Unfortunately, the Wiimote requires custom support in MT to work with it, so it will take a while until a public version will support it. We'll keep you updated.

Regards,
Florian

animals

2009-10-11 22:59:28

collen wrote:as the topic says. i have bome's midi translator classic, i use it to mediate between a modified roland FC100 and ableton live and all works well. however, i just thought about my phone, and its bluetooth capability. i can use my phone to control itunes, powerpoint etc over bluetooth - surely this must be easy to adapt to midi messages??

i found one thing about it on google but its for mac and im on xp:
http://www.bhajis-garden.org/story.php?id=31

if anyone knows any way to do this i'd be v grateful. and merry christmas!

collen
Hi Collen, I would like to use my fC 100 mk2 to control few features on ableton 8 such as tap tempo and few other effects.
How does it work with bome's midi translator.
I work with mac, so what would be the right version to choose?
Is it stable, do you use it live?
Thank you for your post that was very interesting...

With regards

angkan

2012-08-27 19:16:30

I have sony erricsson cybershot..Its bluetooth doesn't working anymore....what do i do?

international calling
cheapest call to bangladesh