Using Windows Media keys?

OiMutz

2007-12-10 21:56:26

Is there any way to use the Mute and Play keys as incoming Keystrokes?

thanks,

florian

2007-12-11 18:36:28

yes. you can use those media keys as Incoming Trigger. In the Edit Translator window, use "Keystroke" as incoming type. in the keystroke field, type the media key. Most likely, a different key will appear: e.g. when I press the play/pause button, a G appears. But that doesn't matter: after pressing Apply, the Play/Pause button is mapped, and not the G button. We're working on fixing this to actually display Play/Pause.

Regards,
Florian

damianpowell

2015-05-01 15:07:02

I realise this is an old thread so I apologise if this information is available elsewhere.

In my experiments, it appears that some keys work just fine - e.g. the VK_VOLUME_MUTE button (0xAD) seems to work, although it displays 'D' in the box. However, other keys do not work, for example the Play/Pause and Stop buttons (VK_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE (0xB3) and VK_MEDIA_STOP (0xB2)). This situation is true for both inputs and outputs and appears to be the case in both Classic and Pro.

How can I make Bome recognise these keys as outputs? How could I modify the INI file so that these keys can be output?

florian

2015-05-06 16:56:34

if you don't mind I'll ask you to try this with the 1.8 beta version...
Regards,
Florian

damianpowell

2015-05-06 17:53:33

Hi Florian,

Thanks for replying. I'll gladly try the 1.8 beta if I can find it. I looked at http://www.bome.com/products/miditransl ... loads/beta but it said that there are no beta versions available.

Thanks,
Damian.

florian

2015-05-06 18:49:38

oh sorry, I should have said that it's on invitation only. I'll send it to you via email.

DreamXcape

2015-06-21 21:58:50

I'm having the same problems with the media keys as stated in this topic (media keys being recognised as letters).
Could you send me an invitation for the beta version?

Greetings,

DreamXcape

florian

2015-06-23 22:22:27

we've just released version 1.8. If you have purchased a license, you should have received an email notification by now, otherwise you can download the new version here:
http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator/downloads
Regards,
Florian