cant get a midi signal from jog wheel to Traktor 2.6

arcurback

2007-12-09 09:23:52

Hi there.
I'm a newbie using the MT Classic with Midi Yoke.
My goal is to get my Vestax Vci 100 to work with Traktor 2.6

I can assign my buttons to send midi signal from the controller to traktor and i can get the midi signal to start from the controller and i traktor will accept the midi signal (like a through i suppose) but i cant seem to get traktor to accept keystrokes from the jog wheel.

I tested the keystrokes (i tested it out with Notepad), yet again, nothing in traktor.

i can get the x-fader to work, all the volume faders and the EQ knobs, but no jog wheel (midi to keystroke).

i can see that the midi signal is coming in, translated and going out, but nothing in traktor.

anyone have ideas?

and thanks for this software. its pretty neat.

if your wondering why im using this. it is because the jog wheel is too sensitive to dj with. its like playing vinyl all over again. so my hopes is to have the jog wheel "press" the up or down key only once, instead of having it "on" or "off" this would be more like a cdj.

and i think this is what makes the track adjusting so sensitive. if i can figure it out, it would be awesome.

florian

2007-12-11 18:18:32

Hi,

I'm not sure, but you may have the problem that some programs cannot receive the emulated keystrokes from MIDI Translator. See this forum topic for more info:
http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1221

You should also ask in a Traktor forum to see if anybody there knows anything else.

If you want, I can register you for beta testing the new keystroke emulation driver.

Regards,
Florian