Complimenting Direct Input Plugin?

donny

2007-11-27 17:12:06

Hello, i was wondering if theres a direct input plugin or something that can be used alongside midi translator for certain applications that wont intercept directional assignments attributed to midi parameters.

for example "In Zero X beatcreator, i can assign the left+right arrow functions to two pads on my drum pad, and they'll only work if i'm navigating through the menu bar.. ie.. file, edit, preferences, etc.... when the true intent of the assignment is to switch between slice markers"

I believe you were working on something Florian, but i'm curious to know if any other people have found a way around this because the left and right functions are the only reason why i still have to use my keyboard..

Florian, is there a Beta for this direct input driver?
Thanks

florian

2007-11-27 18:42:26

Hi Donny,

the virtual direct input driver is ready for integration into MT, and it's one of the features to be integrated now that 1.6 is out.
I've already noted you as a beta tester for this feature.

Regards,
Florian

donny

2007-11-28 02:22:27

i don't want to sound as if I'm impatient-but only seeking answers.

Do you have a data at which it will be ready for testing?

florian

2007-11-29 22:57:36

Hi Donny,

we generally don't disclose target dates, because it's usually VERY difficult to estimate that, and our experience is that it's better to keep people somewhat in the dark about exact dates, than to disappoint (or worse) them if we miss an announced release date.

Otherwise said: software is a very dynamic business. It might take me a day to create the first beta version, or I might be busy fixing high priority bugs for a week without even touching the direct input driver stuff... and here we don't have so much man power to compensate such things easily (currently 2.5 programmers).

Sorry that I cannot be more specific. I'll keep you posted though.

Florian

donny

2008-06-12 07:13:20

Hi!

i see that 1.6 has been released, has the problem been sorted yet?

donny

2008-06-15 15:31:52

Any luck?

florian

2008-07-01 10:43:28

Hi, sorry for the late reply. the direct input plugin is not yet integrated. Will come!
Florian