Help! binding keystrokes as a knob...

Azeman360

2007-10-08 09:13:14

Hi! first of all, what a great product, this looks like it's exactly what I'm looking for. Anyway, I was wondering if I could use midi translator and midi keyboard so I could use my shuttlexpress knobs to function as a knob would so I could bind it as a controller in fruity loops and if so how would I go about doing that? Thanks

Azeman360

2007-10-09 05:14:16

Hi,

I was rereading my post and I don't think I was being very clear...

The shuttle express has a knob on with which you can bind keystrokes, as you turn the knob it repeatedly hits this keystroke. what I was wondering is if you could assign a key say... shift+k, so that whenever it would be hit, it would increase the midi value of a midi knob in bome's mouse keyboard or perhaps just using midi translator. In other words, I want to have my computer recognize hitting one keystroke as increasing the value as a knob and a different keystroke to decrease the volume of the same knob so that the fruity loops midi controller will recognize this usb device as a knob. Do you think this is possible or am I going about it the wrong way?

Thank you

florian

2007-10-10 00:37:13

Hi,

this will work with Midi Translator Pro, where you can define mappings from keystroke to MIDI.

Then see another post where I explain how to convert "endless knob" to controller. Then in your mapping, replace the INCOMING MIDI messages with the keystrokes that you have assigned to the knob.

Make sure to enter the assigned keystroke in MIDI Translator by selecting the keystroke field in Midi Translator and actually turning the knob. Otherwise, MT may not recognize it.

Also interesting may be a thread regarding the Griffin knob.

Later,
Florian