Left+Right Keyboard Functions don't seem to work with midi

donny

2007-10-04 21:42:17

hello fellas..

I'm trying to assign , the left and right arrows on my keyboard to certain pads on my drum pad controller... I have successfully assigned Up,+down.. which function well, but the left and right directions do not..

Is there an explanation for this?

Thanks

florian

2007-10-09 23:37:22

that's weird.. I've successfully assigned all four cursor keys. Maybe you've accidentally disabled the Translator Entries? or assigned the same MIDI IN message and have Stop Processing checked?

Otherwise, please load the .bmtp file in a text editor and paste it here.

Thanks,
Florian

donny

2007-10-11 21:52:59

well the weird thing is, the assignedn ote functions properly, say i push the pad the cursor moves left... and so forth, but it doesnt seem to work in Beatcreator.

EDIT:

the function seems to work, but not in the way i'd like it to.. for example.. i assigned "left" to a pad on the controller, when i click on file at the top of the programs screen, it intercepts the command and switches to other options on the menu att the press of the pad.

So thats confirmation that it works in the program..

But what i would really like to do is to be able to control what slice i'm editing so i dont have to reach for the keyboard. And when i push the pad it does nothing when it comes to this unless i press left arrow on keyboard.

florian

2007-10-17 08:15:17

Ah, OK, so Midi Translator works fine, except that the program you want to send the keystrokes to does not recognize them. This is probably due to the problem that there are different ways to receive keystrokes, and not all of them are compatible with MT. E.g. DirectInput, often used in games, will not receive the keystrokes generated with MT.

We're working on a solution for this ( a virtual keyboard driver), stay tuned.

Florian

donny

2007-10-17 20:52:29

thanks

:)