Live 6, MPD 24 & MT

Lazy Eyes

2007-07-08 22:29:03

Ok i got my mpd 24 a few days ago.. and noticed it didn't support MMC.
So i got bomes... to fix it, which was a blessing up untill now..

So i got ableton supporting the mmc now, but now it doesn't pick up the initial controls send out by the MPD24. Live only responds to "play, stop, rec" Live doesn't pick up the midi notes anymore..

What do i need to do to get live to pick up the transport controls and the initial controls sent out by the MPD..

I want to use the MPD24 for the following features:

faders and knobs
arm tracks
bang in drums - midi notes
mmc

Can you guys please help me with this? Or has anyone have a preset ini, so i don't have to enter all the midi notes myself ( C1, A1, B2 etc. )

Also do i need midi YOKE ( don't know what this is, but would this be the solution.. ?? )
Greats Bart

florian

2007-07-09 11:16:01

Usually, MIDI ports are exclusive, so when opening the MPD24's MIDI port in Midi Translator, you cannot open it in Live anymore. For that you need Midi Yoke (or similar virtual cable, a list and instructions available here).

Then you let Midi Translator pass through the MIDI commands from the MPD to Midi Yoke, which will route the MIDI messages to Live:

MPD24 (sends MIDI messages)
-> Midi Translator (processes and passes through)
---> Midi Yoke (pass through)
-----> Ableton Live (receives)

Now for that to work, enable Midi Thru in Midi Translator's options and choose Yoke 1 as MIDI out. Also, choose Yoke 1 as input in Ableton, as if it were the MPD24.

Hope that helps,
Florian

Lazy Eyes

2007-07-09 12:25:44

Yeah thanks, i actually found this out yesterday evening late..

So now i got it up and running and just need to customize my mpd to my favourite workflow.

Does anyone know what the shortcut button for arm track/ track select is in ableton..?? Cus i want to put these to under the knobs on the mpd.

Thanx in advance... oh and Bomes rocks!

ralz

2007-08-28 02:33:13

sorry, kindda new to this

- i just got mpd 24.
- used usb, drivers auto install in xp pro.
- then, i tried midi drivers (midi yoke) because i cant see any midi in/out in bomes midi translator.
- after midi yoke installation, open bome again, and i can see midi ports 1-8 for in/out

the thing is, i tried creating 1 command, and i wanna capture midi, even if i press something in the mpd 24, i can SEE the midi equivalent in akai screen, but the bome CANNOT capture that. what else should i do? thanks in advance.

im plannin to use ssl (serato scratch live) + bome + mpd 24
(as soon as i can at least capture the midi in, and send it out)

florian

2007-09-01 23:36:25

Hi,

your MIDI installation seems to be faulty -- in addition to the Yoke MIDI ports there should be the mpd24's MIDI port. Maybe re-install the MPD drivers, use the manufacturer drivers?

Florian