x zone 3d fader mapping

martynhederson

2007-06-09 17:58:13

hi i want map fader movements to MT so i can control the volume of a slot in ableton at the moment i am only getting it to put the fader at volume 0 or full does anyone know how to do this with M T please help p.s does anyone have a preset set up for the xzone 3d and ableton

florian

2007-06-11 07:57:44

you should be able to use MIDI to MIDI conversion to control Live's fader. Normally, Live accepts controllers with values 0..127 (00 to 7F in hex).

What kind of data is the xzone sending? you can check with the Capture function in Edit Translator|MIDI IN.

Florian

martynhederson

2007-06-11 14:53:34

hi im not sure what you mean by midi to midi converstion the data the xone is spitting out is things like BF 13 7F depending on the fader position
i also get CC#16 controller 19 00 to 127 depending on the fader position

what i dont know how to do is to translate this into keystrokes so the fader works like a fader and not just goes max volume to min volume
Thanks for your help any more ideas anyone

florian

2007-06-11 15:33:26

I don't think you need to send keystrokes to Ableton for faders: Ableton Live understands MIDI directly for that. You can use Live's MIDI mapping to adapt it to the xone3d.
If you want to use MT for other things than faders, use a virtual MIDI cable to connect Midi Translator's MIDI OUT with Ableton's MIDI IN. Be sure to activate Options|Midi Thru. See the Mouse Keyboard tutorials, e.g. here for info on virtual MIDI cables.

People typically use Midi Translator's keystroke emulation to trigger actions in Ableton, like start/stop, change armed status, etc.

Regards,
Florian

martynhederson

2007-06-11 20:44:15

ok thanks what happens is when i use a midi foot controller using a Mt patch to trigger loops in ableton then my MIDI mapping on the xone3d no longer functions there seems to be some confusion and MIDI does not get sent from the xone to ableton

what can i do to stop this is there a way round it
thanks for you help again

florian

2007-06-17 20:09:41

Hmmm, I don't know what the problem might be. Using MT's MIDI t key feature shouldn't have any impact on Ableton.

Make sure that the xone3d is selected in the MIDI INPUT in Ableton...

Maybe ask on an Ableton Live forum?

Florian

martynhederson

2007-06-18 15:05:46

hi yes i have sorted it out thanks as i am syncing 2 laptops the interface that gets the midi signal for the behringer pedel sould not have the sync button pressed in abletons midi options
thanks for some great software live guitars house music looping is one step closer
thanks again