Multiple Instances of MT and Key commands

Richard Soup

2007-05-05 14:28:59

Hi - I use three different controllers live and after I read a previous post on this forum set up a second instance of Bome.

This was OK - until I tried using keyboard input.

I was setting up a variable depending on which number was pressed.

I wanted to use this setting in both instances of MT.

I realised that I waould have to set up a variable for each MT.

But only one MT would allow Key imput.

I even tried copying the whole Bome folder.

Any help greatly appreciated. - Otherwise I will have to use several extra Midi leads a MIDI merge box and 2 extra power supplies live - Which I would rather not do.

Best

Richard

florian

2007-05-07 15:20:30

Hi Richard,

indeed: currently, key input is only possible in one instance of MT, and I cannot think of an elegant solution to your problem. It is easy to add multi-instance support, but we're very busy right now. We do offer the "feature rush service", though: http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=178

Oh, and a future version of MT Pro will have support for multiple MIDI ports in one instance of MT, that would probably solve the problem, too...

Regards,
Florian

Max Oepen

2008-05-20 11:00:46

a future version of MT Pro will have support for multiple MIDI ports in one instance of MT
Hey Florian,

I wanted to bring this thread back to see what the progress was on this feature or if it was even still feasible to include it in future updates. I still have a high interest in this option, and it's a central issue for me.

Creating separate instances and saving separate files for each external controller instantly makes my projects a lot more complex, especially if they sit for a few months and I have to come back and try to remember everything... :)

Thanks,
Max.

Tuur

2008-05-20 19:49:59

Max Oepen

2008-05-21 02:57:21

Tuur, thank you for the link!

Florian, I am in exactly the same situation as some others who use multiple controllers and purchased the pro-version.
Am I eligible for the multi-port beta?
Please say yes :-)

If so, do I have to upgrade to v.1.6.0 first or could I upgrade to the beta?
(I'm currently still on v.1.50 build 615)

Thanks,
Max.

florian

2008-05-21 10:35:47

I Max,

the beta is self-contained, you do not need any other version installed, and you can also install it side-by-side with other MT versions.

Regards,
Florian