Serato and the BCD2000

rishi

2006-05-01 11:28:36

Florian, I have recently purchased a Behringer BCD2000 midi controller. I have made presets to control Serato as I did with the Ozonic keyboard plus some other nifty controls and its all working brilliantly. Just love this program!!

Currently I can use "Rishi's Rapid Repeat Feature" to make MIDI BUTTONS emulate a keystroke "press and hold".

Wondering if (instead of midi buttons) I can use in any way the following to emulate the same keystroke "press and hold".
1. A slider returning an absolute value from BO OB 7F to BO OB 00
2. A jogwheel with infinite L & R returning a BO 13 40 one way and BO 13 41 the other way

If so, how do I do it?

zippy

2006-05-05 10:58:57

Hello Rishi,

Yes this seems to of 'hit the nail on the head' as to what I also want to acheive with Bome MT. I'd sort of assummed that the version you had with the "Rishi's Rapid Repeat Feature would of made the fader to pitch possible.

When I was discussing purchasing the full version with Florian yesterday he seemed pretty confident he could 'tweak' the appication to suit personal needs.
On the other hand, if you buy MT and you're not satisfied with it, I am sure that I can improve it so that it fulfills your needs. Just as I did with Rishi :)
To Florian, do you think you can implement this feature or tell us how it can be done using Rishi's version?

Thank you in advance
Matthew

PS:Rishi check your private msgs on SSL board.

florian

2006-05-09 08:39:44

Hi Zippy,

I'm still not sure what exactly you need to do (since I neither own Serato nor the BCD2000): I assume the BCD fader sends a controller from 00 to 7F, but what does it need to be converted to so that Serato makes it a pitch change?

Thanks,
Florian