Any way of translating cntrl change messages into keystrokes

kakitron

2007-04-30 02:05:14

I`m wondering wether it is possible to convert control change messages from my jurassic midi pedal into keystrokes to control Ableton Live.

Please consider that between my funny Rolls Mp 80 and Behringer`s Midi Foot Controller FCB1010 lay 15 years of technological evolution. So, I´m not sure that I will be able to translate in some way the simple control changes from my solid but antique pedal to useful keystrokes for Ableton Live.

Any help will be much appreciated.

florian

2007-05-07 15:03:53

Hi, I'm pretty sure this will work. Just try it! Launch MIDI Translator, and select your MIDI pedal as MIDI IN (the MIDI IN indicator at the bottom panel should light up when you press the pedal). Then create a new Translator and use the Edit function. Choose MIDI IN as incoming action, and use the Capture function to see what is sent by your pedal. Then use the Outgoing tab to define the keystroke(s) to be sent in response to the pedal press.

You'll find more info in the other forum posts how to set up MT and how to efficiently use it with Ableton Live.

Regards,
Florian

kakitron

2007-05-08 22:50:08

:D Florian, this encouraging post may have save me some 150 euros I was ready to blow. :mrgreen: : a good one. :wink i´m becoming a fan of lo-tech. money talks.

many thx

http://myspace.com/drlarumba