A HUI FIX FOR MACS!

slash studios

2007-04-13 06:33:32

I looked at your program and I have to admit that it looks like it has promise. I however can not know for sure because it doesn’t work with macs :(. So here are my three ideas.

1. Make it mac compatible
2. Create an interface to translate mtc, sysex and midi control commands into hui! For example you assign the midi interface to b.m.t. , Then the out of b.m.t go to the software and vise versa. The idea then is in b.m.t can assign certain incoming commands into certain outgoing commands. ...

like this

midi controler sends out command 7 on track 9 value 127 into b.m.t. then changes that into hui:
1st track of 2nd back is at 100% volume

or another usage

the tascam dm 24 sends out a sysex messge when ever the record button is hit, so you can program that command in to b.m.t. And translate it into the record command for hui.

My last idea is find a way to make this a vst or some sort of plug in for recording software, that way u can have a sequencer lunch commands.

(Sorry if their is something similar to that last one as I said I’m on a mac, I haven't really got to play around with this yet.)

thanks let me know what you think

florian

2007-04-13 14:58:10

Hi,

yes, the Mac version is progressing. Midi Translator is very flexible, it shouldn't be a problem to translate anything to HUI. We plan to provide presets for devices to translate to HUI.

Furthermore, the MIDI-to-keystroke emulation feature will let you trigger arbitrary keyboard shortcuts in your application, so it'll be easy to make a MIDI button start recording in your sequencer software. Many users already use it that way (on PC).

Thanks for the suggestions!

Regards,
Florian

PS: I moved your topic here (it used to be in Restorator Feature Request, which is for a different application)

slash studios

2007-04-13 18:19:57

wow thanks for the fast reply,
is their any plan to make it translat sysex commands???

this program sounds flexible im thinking about getting my hands on a p.c. to try it out... and if you need a beta test for the mac version let me know.

thanks

florian

2007-04-13 18:49:29

it does already handle sys ex commands. I put you down for mac beta testing.

Regards,
Florian

dsankey

2007-06-24 15:52:09

I'd love to be added to the mac beta test too please.

thanks!

florian

2007-06-25 12:26:01

you got it!
Florian

Mazzeltov

2007-08-10 08:55:56

Still beta testing the mac version? I would be happy to contribute. Kind regards

florian

2007-08-10 10:32:28

unfortunately not yet in beta test. The developer charged with the last remaining part dropped out, so we are currently freeing off someone else for this task.

Regards,
Florian

Adman_Rob

2007-11-09 01:10:32

Any news on the Mac version?

Looking to translate some of the MIDI data from my BitStream 3X to to keystrokes. I was using MIDIStroke, but it is not Intel Native so it of no use to me now as I've moved all my Macs to Intel.