MT with Ableton Live

dani

2006-04-02 17:39:22

Hello all,

After seeing Kid Beyond and his live-show I am inspired to do a bit of the same.

What I want is to activate several parameters in Live with one knob (cc message) from my BCR 2000.

I activated Midi yoke NT:1 in Live

I captured an incoming message in the MT

But now I want the specified incoming message to do three things in Live.
1.selecting a track, arming it and making it to record.
Then I want to do this several times to get the "beyond"effect.

What I can't figure out is how I can configure the outgoing keystroke (if that's the name for saying doing multiple things).

Any help?

Thanks

dani

2006-04-02 21:41:16

Ok I understand this is an issue which is spoken here more than once.
Otherwise I would have received a reply.

I'll try to find the answer in the other topics.

Thanks

florian

2006-04-03 01:16:22

Hi Dani,

in these forums, you'll always get a response... except on a weekend 8)

For this macro kind of programming Live, Kid Beyond uses the Outgoing Keystroke function. Just enter the keyboard shortcuts into the Outgoing Keystroke field, one after another. I don't know the actual keystrokes for Live, but say it uses these shortcuts:
- select track 1: Ctrl+1
- arm the current track: Alt+A
- starting to record: Alt+R

Then, just enter these 3 shortcuts into the keystroke field, so you should see:
Ctrl(1)Alt(A)Alt(R)

Then, and that's very important, you need to activate Ableton Live before sending it the keystrokes.

Hope this works for you!
Florian

josephperkins

2006-07-28 18:51:42

Can anyone confirm the Ableton live stortcut keys

1) select track

2) select input (in auto off)

3) Arm track

djmyke

2006-08-28 04:25:41

josephperkins wrote:Can anyone confirm the Ableton live stortcut keys

1) select track

2) select input (in auto off)

3) Arm track

there are no fixed shortcut keys for ableton...

it has this KEY assignment function for u to customize key shortcuts... once uv already done assigning the keys to the interface... u ccan program the midi translator n do the keystrokes=)

friend_kami

2006-09-20 17:03:07

worth noticing with this though;
you dont need to select a track to arm it.

for example, if you set up your keyboard mapping in live (press ctrl+k on your keyboard) so that track 1 arms on ctrl+1, then no matter what track you have selected, track 1 will still be armed upon pressing ctrl+1.

with that said you need a keyboard output that does two things:
selects input (im assuming you mean monitoring?), and that arms it.

selecting in auto off will be tricky since its a toggle button, so if its on "in" and you want it on off you have to press your button twice, so that it toggles to off. not optimal in live performances imo :)

im assuming you are going to have this for live looping purposes. afaik, hes launching scenes. so when arming a track, it will record into that current scene, and it will loop whenever you disarm it until you play the next scene (unless you removed the stop button).