Choosing a "Kid Beyond" type Midi foot controller?

weeds

2006-03-10 00:51:45

So I'm sure everyone is familiar with Kid beyond's use of MT... I would love to be able to control ableton 5 "hands free" with a midi foot controller in conjuction with MT... but alas I am midi illiterate and have no idea what I am looking for... So if anyone could suggest a Midi foot controller that would work with MT and let me send keystroke controls into ableton I would be greatly appreciative... will any foot controller work? what does the foot controller need to have the capability to do? etc.
thanks
weeds

florian

2006-03-10 12:52:52

Hi Weeds,

any foot controller which sends MIDI will work.

If you choose one with a MIDI connector, then you also need a soundcard on your PC with a MIDI connector. For standard soundcards, you'll need a Joystick/MIDI adapter cable. Better soundcards usually come with direct MIDI plugs. Last, but not least, you can purchase a USB MIDI interface. That will work just the same.

I'm not sure, but probably there are also foot controllers which connect to the USB bus. They are supported by MT if they provide a MIDI driver.

Hope that helps for your choice!
Florian

weeds

2006-03-10 17:30:23

O.k. I already have an Edirol FA-101 interface so I'll just use that I just have never tried to use midi before only the quarter inputs thank you so much

secretagentgel

2006-04-16 16:14:19

i recently upgraded to a m-audio uc-33e interface, mainly for the buttons. using MT, i use it entirely instead of my computer keyboard, so there's no chance of hitting the wrong key (why must the spacebar be so prominent?!). a MIDI foot pad would be the same idea. just map each pedal to whatever makes sense.

corey

djmyke

2006-08-28 04:29:04

any midi foot controller would do...=)

im using the beringer fcb1010 =) cheap n very easy to use=) but its kinda long hehe

djmyke

2006-09-04 09:05:49

ques.... uv seen all his tutorial videos right?

im still stdying how he programmd his pedal... stil confused... any idea how he did the keystrokes?

any help would do=)

tnathanial

2007-04-28 21:42:47

There is a new wireless foot controller on the market called the pok. It's not a midi pedal, it transmits keystroke commands to your computer so you can be hands free, from up to 70 feet away. Really easy to set up any of the buttons to any keyboard command. You can see it at www.x-tempozone.com

chelfyn

2007-05-02 09:17:54

im still stdying how he programmd his pedal... stil confused... any idea how he did the keystrokes?
I wrote a full tutorial with files for MTPro and Ableton available here:
http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1583