Need help setting up...

CHudson

2006-03-03 04:12:41

So I want to use MT to convert my CC7 volume pedal to CC11 Expression data. I set the input of MT to my hardware midi in and the out to midiox port 1. In the Incoming tab. I used the "capture midi" box and moved my volume pedal. It recorded the data as "B0 07 oo"
On the outgoing tab, I did the same prcoess , but manually changed the 07 to 11. I saved the preset . Opened up Kontakt and set the midi in to midiox port 1.
Nothing works :(
also, the cc7 data is still getting through as when I adjust the volume pedal, the volume control changes on the sampler.

Any ideas on where to go from here?

CH

florian

2006-03-03 19:26:57

Hi CH,

what you've described sounds just about right! You should not open the hardware MIDI in Kontakt then, only the MIDI yoke port. Enable Options|Midi Thru in Midi Translator (MT) if you want to pass on other MIDI events to Kontakt.

In MT, make sure that the MIDI IN, Translating, and MIDI OUT LED's are flashing when you move the pedal. In Edit Translator, for the Outgoing Action, there is a checkbox "Output both translated action and incoming message". You need to uncheck this if you want to swallow the original CC7 volume controller.

Hope this helps...
Florian

CHudson

2006-03-03 20:17:06

It passes the data through, but is not outputting CC11 data. Any idea on what to check? I will buy this in a heartbeat if it works :)

CH

CHudson

2006-03-03 20:23:06

Just a side note, there is a "X" in the Stop column. Not sure what that means

CH

florian

2006-03-05 19:13:30

are the LED's flashing (lower panel of Midi Translator)? you should see MIDI IN, Translating, and MIDI OUT! For testing, disable Options|Midi Thru so that you can better see if the Translator is reacting on the Incoming MIDI message.

The X in the Stop column just means that the list of Translators is not further evaluated if that particular Translator is executed (i.e. the Incoming Action matched).

Florian

CHudson

2006-03-05 19:37:56

The LED's are flashing and appear to be working as expected, however the output is not working right. Having MT to midiyoke to Kontakt, theCC 11 data is not being sent although MT indicates it is doing the translation.

florian

2006-03-06 10:03:47

thanks for sending me your preset file. I've seen that you set the outgoing to
B0 11 oo

Now that will set set controller 17! The numbers entered in the MIDI message fields are hexadecimal. Pressing Help in the Edit Translator screen will show help texts with a little hex<->dec converter. When entering 11 in the decimal field, it'll give you 0B as hexadecimal value, so your Outgoing message needs to be

B0 0B oo

Hope this will do it!
Florian