NRPN/RNP's

bilbo909

2006-01-31 02:18:16

"Allow multiple short messages as incoming messages (especially NRPN/RPN).

when will we see this in action?
i'm trying to use my old korg electribe as a cheap controler/live sequencer in ableton for my vsti's. and using NRPN's are essential for me.

thanks.

florian

2006-01-31 08:29:44

You'll see this in action with the next public release, or, if you've purchased MT, you can request a non-public test version.

Thanks,
Florian

djfresha

2006-10-04 12:39:54

Hi Florian,

Got the latest beta version of MT1.5Pro build 562, and would like to see if the NRPNs will be added in? Can't seem to add them yet, presume that this option isn't available on this version. Very keen to see if they can be added, since I'm still playing with Traktor 3, and just learnt the major advantage of NRPNs over CC values (whilst using Cubase Generic Remote settings). Is this going to be available in next beta/build? Thanks again, your work is outstanding to say the least

florian

2006-10-11 13:35:36

Hi DJ Fresha,

(N)RPN support should exist in your version. Just concatenate the MIDI messages in one, e.g. for capturing MIDI pitch bend range RPN messages, enter this into the MIDI Incoming field:

B0 65 00 B0 64 00 B0 26 qq B0 06 pp

Only when all these 4 messages are received in this order will the Outgoing Action be triggered. pp will receive the MSB and qq the LSB of the new pitch bend range.

For outgoing actions, do the same, i.e. concatenate all 2-4 messages to one MIDI string.

Let me know if it works!
Florian