Midi Drum off signal too quick after on. - delay possible?

bitcloud

2006-01-25 10:15:35

Hi,

I have a midi drum kit, and the midi off signals are sent straight away after the on signal cutting the hit very short (under 10ms i guess). I can make this work in certain samplers that don't cut after the off signal is sent, but sequencers sometimes recieve the off signal too quick to even register a hit.

What I wanted to do is midi translate a hit to a hit followed by a delay of 100ms followed by an off signal.

Is there any way to do this with BMT, or can anyone think of another way around this problem?

Cheers
Lachlan

florian

2006-01-25 16:30:58

The "pro" version of Midi Translator can delay events (or do other tricks with timers).

As a registered user, you can download a beta version of the "pro" version for testing (30 days trial). Buying Midi Translator a second time (or buying 2 copies at once) will give you access to the unlimited version of the "pro" beta.

Note, the "timer" feature is quite well tested in MT "pro".

Let me know...

Florian

bitcloud

2006-01-25 19:00:13

Thanks for the quick reply florian!
I'm having a bit of trouble finder feature in the latest version (1.40) of Midi Translator, and the beta page in the forums is empty.

Am I looking in the right places?

cheers

florian

2006-01-26 07:28:52

The "pro" beta version is only available on personal request to customers who have purchased a license of Midi Translator. Once you've purchased MT, request the beta version with the contact form: http://www.bome.com/contact.php

Thanks!
Florian

bitcloud

2006-01-26 08:31:28

Its all resolved now. MidiOx has a midi delay feature. (which i wouldn't have found if you hadn't prompted me :)

I still use Bomes for a lot of things though, so expect a postcard!

Cheers
Lachlan