serial processingg?

an3

2017-01-06 19:12:16

I have 3 presets that all modify the midistream from my novation Circuit to my Roland A-01: i can only use one, cause all together, they even each other out

1. remaps all incoming channel one midi info to channel 2 (toggle)
2. turns Ch. one stream ON and OFF (toggle)
3. Transposes - and + 3 octaves (notes)

My question how can i put them together so they work at the same time

sjcaldwell

2017-01-06 20:22:31

Something like this. See attachment (not tested but you should get the point)
Attachments
3 Presets.bmtp
(3.86 KiB) Downloaded 157 times

an3

2017-01-06 23:04:53

in this one it is parallel! but transpose doesnt work + gives a - 3 octaves change and channel processing is sending to channe 1 or 2: but i ve been working on sending channel 1 to 1 or 2 to and 2 to 2 or 1 to 2:>> so one Circuit synth channel can send to both synths (the synths are on ch 1 + 2: one being standard on ch 1 and one being standard on ch.2)

an3

2017-01-06 23:07:33

ok, could i apply the same principle to the file we've been workin on this week?

i mean does this bmtp make it work parallel and not serial ??

sjcaldwell

2017-01-06 23:27:16

If you look at the BMT documentation, you will see that all translators are serial but with that said they are extremely fast.
Look at page 77 of the manual for the flow chart (accessible from clicking Help within the BMT tool).

Edit:

Another point of clarification. Although each translator is analyzed in serial fashion, it is entirely possible that some actions will happen in parallel once the action is launched. This is why there is a timer function. For example, I sometimes have to use a timer after sysex message to give the target instrument time to finish processing before sending additional midi messages.

an3

2017-01-07 00:29:06

yes great, but why are the 2 different presets (more the n2 but focus on the 2 for now) not working together in my patch and why are they working in ur patch ???

kind regards

sjcaldwell

2017-01-07 00:49:38

Don't know. I didn't test the either file.

As for number of presets, is more a matter of organizational choice. I could have put everything under a single preset. I primarily
use the for two reasons:

1) To keep my head straight on what I'm doing
2) In some cases I can use outgoing action to disable a preset (and everything under it), so if things are grouped with
similar functions under a single preset, it is easier to enable/disable a bunch of translators (under the same preset) at will.

I'm providing ideas based on my experience but not complete tested solutions.

an3

2017-01-09 12:42:48

hay. again thanx for the input. yes, organising purpose is indeed handy, but for now i m stuck with the problem, that the patch i ve been working on over the weeks, does not allow to work together and urs does. i ve included 'my' patch and maybye u can have a quick look and see, and maybye u will find the Stine that casues the issue
it is about preset 6 and 7
kind regards
Attachments
yEs!yEs! template v1.bmtp
(29.88 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

sjcaldwell

2017-01-10 02:43:01

Well here are potential issues that I see at first glance
  • You probably want to init all global variables and enable Init (1) preset
  • You should also do this in your Init translator for note on ch 15. I don't see your init for the global translate variable gt
  • Not sure what you are trying to do with the Outgoing cc actions on 7.5 and 7.6
  • Not sure why you are introducing 3 msec delay in 7.1 7.2 7.5 7.6
  • I think in Octave - 7.4, you probably mean if gt>=36 then gt=gt-12 (you have gt>-36)
I only looked at the enabled presets (except Init (1) preset).

Usually when I have mixed results it is because some global variable is in an unknown state.

an3

2017-01-10 09:11:35

i disabled all presets, except the 2 i mention in the abovemessage just to keep it clear to u, why those two wouldnt process together: so The ones u mentionned are on in use!!!

'You should also do this in your Init translator for note on ch 15. I don't see your init for the global translate variable gt'
:>>This one i m not sure, it is from Florian

'Not sure what you are trying to do with the Outgoing cc actions on 7.5 and 7.6
Not sure why you are introducing 3 msec delay in 7.1 7.2 7.5 7.6'

:>> Both are to do with octave transpose hanging notes: if i transpose within a note on, the note hangs, so sending a note off takes care of that: the issue with this was 1st note missing of the transposed pattern. with the delay im sure the 1st ntoe of the transposed pattern plays fully no note cut - out

'I think in Octave - 7.4, you probably mean if gt>=36 then gt=gt-12 (you have gt>-36)'
i will have a look, did this again with the help of Florian

sjcaldwell

2017-01-10 14:14:46

Well Florian is probably better at this than I since he wrote BMT. On the other hand, he is quite busy so I'm pretty sure he is just providing partial solutions (specific to your question at hand instead of the entire project).

Most of this can be figured out but you need to test with working config and use the log file to figure out what is going on.

With only reviewing the rules (no config to test against) I, and probably others will be of limited use. (But I will still attempt to
assist as time permits).

florian

2017-01-31 00:23:05

Hi an3,
finally getting the chance to look into this. Where are you with this? If you've followed up in a different topic, please point us there, otherwise, please post the current project file and what exactly is not working. I'm still fuzzy on what you're trying to achieve...
Thanks,
Florian