Midi settings for ALL Translators change to whatever I set last

soundcolor

2016-12-08 07:22:40

If I set up a translator and midi learn (or even set by hand) say Note 52 then create another preset or translator, then midi learn Note 53 (or set it by hand) then go back to the first, it now is 53 instead of 52.

It also wants to default to a range rather then the specific note.

I have tried, obviously, un-checking "Capture Midi" before going to set up the next translator but that doesn't work and it doesn't matter if it is at the translator level or preset level, everything changes to whatever I've set up most recently. I tried unchecking "Active" for everything I'm not changing but that doesn't protect the other things either.

I've really tried to figure this one out, I watched a video, checked preferences, but I can not for the life of me figure out what in the world is causing this behavior.

What am I missing? Thank you.

soundcolor

2016-12-10 10:20:07

Any thoughts anyone?

I tried to go back to 1.8.0, a reset all, and throwing away the user presets but nothing has worked.

I've used Bome in the past (over a year ago, so previous version) and I didn't have any issues but I can not figure this one out or find an answer via searches.

Thank you.

florian

2016-12-12 00:09:02

Hi,
we've exchanged some emails about this, and it turns out there is a bug in the field where you can enter numbers/variables directly (e.g. for Note Number). The problem is: if you don't commit the number by pressing ENTER, it's not used for that translator, but for the next one you're looking at.
We'll fix this bug, but until then, remember to always press ENTER after entering a number or variable in such fields in MT Pro's MIDI action editor.

THanks for reporting,
Florian