Launchpad mk2 real time tracking statuts

trabz

2016-11-17 18:14:26

Hey !

I'm working on this project but I can't figure out what's wrong... Basically I'm having 2 layers of LED; one is for ableton (bank2), one is for traktor(bank1). When switching banks, the LED light up accordingly but need to "remember" the last LED setup/state from its bank:
e.g:
-When I press Bank 2 Button, all 64 LED initiate with color RED, and when pad n°1 is pressed, its LED will blink with color GREEN
-When I press Bank 1 Button, all 64 LED initiate with color BLUE and when pad n°2 is pressed, its LED will change color to non blinking YELLOW
-If I press Bank 2 Button again, all LED initiate with color RED, except for pad n°1 which is blinking with color GREEN
-If I press Bank 1 Button again, all LED initiate with color BLUE except for pad n°2 which is non blinking YELLOW

The way I mapped it:
-Bank 1: I assigned each pad a different value. E.g column one: ga,gb,gc,gd,ge,gf..... column two: ha,hb,hc,hd,he,hf... column 3 ia,ib,ic,id,ie,if....
-Bank 2: I assigned each pad a different value. E.g column one g0,g1,g2,g3.... column two; h0,h1,h2... column 3:i0,i1,i2...
-Pressing button XX will initiate all LED from bank1, and then the preset will deactivate, to be replaced by the real time tracking for bank 1 pads
-Pressing button YY will initiate all LED from bank2, and then the preset will deactivate, to be replaced by the real time tracking for bank 2 pads
-Pressing bank1 will activate bank 1 presets and deactivate bank2's
-Pressing bank2 will activate bank 2 presets and deactivate bank1's

The launchpad mk2 uses channel 1 for non blinking LED, and channel 2 for blinking LED
-bank 2 is receiving note from channel 1 and outgoes the same note on channel 2
-bank 1 is receiving note from channel 1 and outgoes the same note on channel 1
-both initiate are using channel one for non blinking LED layout

Its working fine separately, but it gets messy when I change the banks: Bank 2 is recalling properly the last state but the LEDs blink with wrong colors probably because of both banks receiving channel one. But I don"'t know how to solve this
LP MK-2 ABL instrument select with LED FB V2.bmtp
(12.38 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Could someone help me?

florian

2016-11-23 14:22:45

we're not forgetting you... we'll answer soon!

trabz

2016-11-24 12:28:12

florian wrote:we're not forgetting you... we'll answer soon!
ok thanks !

Btw it's full of mistakes as I cut some parts to shorten the file & forgot to rename translators
Please just show me how to make it work for 1-2 pads (the global idea)

florian

2016-12-01 17:57:12

sorry, we're getting distracted!! will work on this asap.
Florian

florian

2016-12-05 16:21:41

Hi,
it's a bit difficult for us to work on this because we only have a launchpad Mini, and it seems to be relatively different -- there's no blinking...

Anyway, attached is a modified project file. Notes:
  • We recommend to use preset activation as incoming action extensively. Like that, you can manually debug your preset by enabling a preset with the mouse in MT Pro, and it's easy to add functions for enabling/disabling a function.
  • I've added a global INIT preset, which is called when the project is started. It merely activates the INIT Bank 1 and INIT Bank 2 presets, then activates Bank 2 preset (as initial state).
  • The INIT Bank 1 and INIT Bank 2 presets only initialize the variables for both banks and then deactivate themselves.
  • When the Bank 1 preset is activated, it deactivates the Bank 2 preset, and fires a one-shot timer to show the current LED state for bank 1.
  • similar for Bank 2, it also activates the Column presets for Bank 2 and deactivates them when the Bank 2 preset is deactivated.
  • A global Bank Switcher preset handles enabling and re-initializing banks 1 and 2 depending on the respective buttons pressed.
  • we recommend to not use global MIDI port settings. Rather, define the MIDI ports per preset.
Of course, the project is missing a preset for remembering the button state for bank 1.

Hope that helps some!
Thanks,
Florian
Attachments
LP MK-2 ABL instrument select with LED FB V3.bmtp
(14.36 KiB) Downloaded 136 times

trabz

2016-12-06 18:50:58

florian wrote:Hi,
it's a bit difficult for us to work on this because we only have a launchpad Mini, and it seems to be relatively different -- there's no blinking...

Anyway, attached is a modified project file. Notes:
  • We recommend to use preset activation as incoming action extensively. Like that, you can manually debug your preset by enabling a preset with the mouse in MT Pro, and it's easy to add functions for enabling/disabling a function.
  • I've added a global INIT preset, which is called when the project is started. It merely activates the INIT Bank 1 and INIT Bank 2 presets, then activates Bank 2 preset (as initial state).
  • The INIT Bank 1 and INIT Bank 2 presets only initialize the variables for both banks and then deactivate themselves.
  • When the Bank 1 preset is activated, it deactivates the Bank 2 preset, and fires a one-shot timer to show the current LED state for bank 1.
  • similar for Bank 2, it also activates the Column presets for Bank 2 and deactivates them when the Bank 2 preset is deactivated.
  • A global Bank Switcher preset handles enabling and re-initializing banks 1 and 2 depending on the respective buttons pressed.
  • we recommend to not use global MIDI port settings. Rather, define the MIDI ports per preset.
Of course, the project is missing a preset for remembering the button state for bank 1.

Hope that helps some!
Thanks,
Florian
Hi Florian, thanks for your time, the explanations and the tips.

Unfortunately the project doesnt seem to work. As you said there's no blinking on the LP mini so you couldn't see that !

I'll try to use your recommendations to make it work !

/e as for the midi port by preset, I'll read again the rules for better translations, but I use 12 controllers so it's way easier for me to have one BMT project for each controller, for tracking purpose

Thanks again !

florian

2016-12-11 21:50:39

of course one project file per controller is fine, but in the project, we recommend to use preset default ports instead of translator or project scope ports.
When getting back here, please post the output of MT Pro's Log Window when all its options are enabled. That can often tell what's going wrong.
Thanks,
Florian