Timing clock F8 bug ??

trabz

2016-11-11 12:36:58

Hey !

Weird thing is happening in my BMT project, I tried to capture midi and all I see is a flood of Timing clock and Midi F8 messages

Problem is, I didn't map any of this command ! It disapears when I reboot computer & Bome, and then when I test my project is comes again...
Yesterday I mapped it by mistake but I removed the translator

How can I turn this off ?

sjcaldwell

2016-11-11 14:55:46

Do you have any devices connected? Disconnect one at a time to find the offending device. Then perhaps there is a setting on the device to turn it off. I had that problem with my Korg Triton Extreme. I fixed it by setting timing clock from internal to external.
Timing signals are typical from midi devices with sequencers.

trabz

2016-11-12 11:41:27

sjcaldwell wrote:Do you have any devices connected? Disconnect one at a time to find the offending device. Then perhaps there is a setting on the device to turn it off. I had that problem with my Korg Triton Extreme. I fixed it by setting timing clock from internal to external.
Timing signals are typical from midi devices with sequencers.
Well that makes sense, I'm only using a CNTRLR and it's a step sequencer...

I couldn't fix the problem so I started a new project instead, so far so good !

florian

2016-11-15 14:06:23

Hi, you can also right-click on a MIDI port (in a MIDI port list) and deselect "Allow Timing Messages" to prevent MT Pro from processing timing messages.

sjcaldwell

2016-11-15 15:35:26

florian wrote:Hi, you can also right-click on a MIDI port (in a MIDI port list) and deselect "Allow Timing Messages" to prevent MT Pro from processing timing messages.
Great. I didn't know that and this would be a more reasonable solution for me.

trabz

2016-11-15 19:05:06

Good to know !!

Thanks guys :)