trabz

2016-11-01 13:56:33

Hey

I'm working on a project
The controller needs a CC to turn off in order to change bank
I set the value to 0 but it won't turn the CC off

sjcaldwell

2016-11-01 14:49:33

If you are saying using controller 0 to change banks. Most instruments do not usually do a bank change until you also select the next program. Note also that some instruments use combination of CC 0 and CC 32 to do a bank change.

trabz

2016-11-01 18:40:07

sjcaldwell wrote:If you are saying using controller 0 to change banks. Most instruments do not usually do a bank change until you also select the next program. Note also that some instruments use combination of CC 0 and CC 32 to do a bank change.
I'm using a midi fighter twister and it's written in the user manual that ""When changing from Bank 1 to Bank 2 the Midi Fighter Twister will send a Ch4 CC0 Note Off followed by a Ch4 CC1 Note On.//////// By sending Note On messages to the Midi Fighter Twister it is also possible to force it to automatically change to a specific bank."

I think it would be faster to send the CC off anyway, problem is I don't know how to do that (there is a note on/off selection but nothing for the CC)

sjcaldwell

2016-11-01 18:50:25

For either incoming actions or outgoing (whatever you are trying to accomplish)

In the translator select:

Midi Message
Control Change
Channel 4
Pick the CC you want (0 or 1)
Value for off is usually 0
Value for on is usually 127

trabz

2016-11-01 19:04:03

sjcaldwell wrote:For either incoming actions or outgoing (whatever you are trying to accomplish)

In the translator select:

Midi Message
Control Change
Channel 4
Pick the CC you want (0 or 1)
Value for off is usually 0
Value for on is usually 127
I tried that in post #1 allready but it won't work
/e I'll try to convert the CC to a note using a local varaible rr

sjcaldwell

2016-11-01 19:32:27

According to the manual:

Advanced Bank Control

It is also possible to use MIDI to read and set the currently selected bank.
When the virtual bank selection changes the Midi Fighter Twister sends a Note On to indicate a new bank
has been selected. It will also send a Note Off to indicate the previously selected bank is no longer active.
By default the bank selection notes are sent on MIDI Channel 3.
ie When changing from Bank 1 to Bank 2 the Midi Fighter Twister will send a Ch3 C-1 Note
Off followed by a Ch3 C#-1 Note On.
By sending Note On messages to the Midi Fighter Twister it is also possible to force it to automatically
change to a specific bank.
ie To force a change to Bank 2 send a Ch3 C-1 Note on

Bank Change Notes
Bank 1 | Ch3 C-1
Bank 2 | Ch3 C#-1
Bank 3 | Ch3 D-1
Bank 4 | Ch3 D#-1

You might be confusing CC (controller messages) with C-1 (note messages).

Ch3 C-1 is the lowest note "C" on a keyboard. As an example middle C is C-4 I believe.

Are you seeing any output from your controller when using the log window of BMT?

trabz

2016-11-01 19:40:02

sjcaldwell wrote:According to the manual:

Advanced Bank Control

It is also possible to use MIDI to read and set the currently selected bank.
When the virtual bank selection changes the Midi Fighter Twister sends a Note On to indicate a new bank
has been selected. It will also send a Note Off to indicate the previously selected bank is no longer active.
By default the bank selection notes are sent on MIDI Channel 3.
ie When changing from Bank 1 to Bank 2 the Midi Fighter Twister will send a Ch3 C-1 Note
Off followed by a Ch3 C#-1 Note On.
By sending Note On messages to the Midi Fighter Twister it is also possible to force it to automatically
change to a specific bank.
ie To force a change to Bank 2 send a Ch3 C-1 Note on

Bank Change Notes
Bank 1 | Ch3 C-1
Bank 2 | Ch3 C#-1
Bank 3 | Ch3 D-1
Bank 4 | Ch3 D#-1

You might be confusing CC (controller messages) with C-1 (note messages).

Ch3 C-1 is the lowest note "C" on a keyboard. As an example middle C is C-4 I belive.
This manual is outdated, I did that mistake allready :)
Here's the new one https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QvId ... ZfOTA/view

I mapped it like this, it should work right?
cc to rr.JPG
cc to rr.JPG (122.41 KiB) Viewed 4526 times

sjcaldwell

2016-11-01 19:55:43

What you are doing is turning notes off. If this is what you are attempting to do? I assume you midi fighter twister is your input device. What is your output device?

trabz

2016-11-01 20:50:51

sjcaldwell wrote:What you are doing is turning notes off. If this is what you are attempting to do? I assume you midi fighter twister is your input device. What is your output device?
Yeah I'm turning the bank notes off aka on the MF twister ch04cc0/cc01/cc02/cc03
Actually I'm just turning it off so I can create 2 more banks.

Input= mf twister, output = bmt6 but it doesnt really matter since I'm just running some tests if I can achieve the new bank stuff

sjcaldwell

2016-11-01 21:26:42

Why is Twister sending CC#12 then?

CC#2 show as RH Side switch 2.

Also not sure why you would have BMT to send such strange velocity. Typically should be between 0 and 127

trabz

2016-11-02 09:42:21

sjcaldwell wrote:Why is Twister sending CC#12 then?

CC#2 show as RH Side switch 2.

Also not sure why you would have BMT to send such strange velocity. Typically should be between 0 and 127
CC#12 is the value of RH side button 2 when bank 1 was selected before. This button changes depending on which bank is selected before. Aka CC12 post bank1, CC18 post bank2, CC24 post bank3, CC30 post bank4. It's written in the Manual appendix

I set qq to stand for any velocity

sjcaldwell

2016-11-02 14:52:22

So is it working. It appears to be. If not, what are you trying to accomplish?

trabz

2016-11-02 17:25:52

sjcaldwell wrote:So is it working. It appears to be. If not, what are you trying to accomplish?
It's not working

I'm trying to map a new bank (n°5). On right side button 2.
That requires: turning off the other banks aka CC0, CC1, CC2, CC3 (as written in the manual) and turning on the CC corresponding to bank 5 (this CC is changing value as I explained earlier; aka: CC 12, CC18, CC24, CC30)

Then when bank 5 button is engaged, each encoder is gonna have a new CC value (thats how every bank works)
This new CC value only happens when bank5 button is pressed (ga=127)
This new CC value doesnt happen when bank 1-2-3-4 button is pressed (ga=0)

I hope that was clear enough...
Maybe the Midi fighter twister firmware is interfering with my mappings

I mapped it another way, I really don't understand why it's not working
MF Twister Bome .bmtp
(12.79 KiB) Downloaded 133 times

trabz

2016-11-02 18:55:43

You know what, I'll just unmap the firmware banks, and remap the the 6 banks by myself

That will save me the hassle

sjcaldwell

2016-11-02 20:50:52

Well I'm still not quite sure what you are attempting to do. (maybe I'm dense or just misunderstanding this device) I don't show this device having a bank 5.

With that said, looking at your bmtp file it looks like you have set up a path where everything coming out of bmt is going to your device and visa versa. This means that unless you have "swallow" set for your translators, all data out of you device going into the translator will pass through IN ADDITION the rule you set. Maybe the solution is either to set up "swallow" for each of your translators or more simply remove your input-output default routing so that the translator and ONLY the translator processes the incoming signal from your device.

trabz

2016-11-03 13:51:19

sjcaldwell wrote:Well I'm still not quite sure what you are attempting to do. (maybe I'm dense or just misunderstanding this device) I don't show this device having a bank 5.

With that said, looking at your bmtp file it looks like you have set up a path where everything coming out of bmt is going to your device and visa versa. This means that unless you have "swallow" set for your translators, all data out of you device going into the translator will pass through IN ADDITION the rule you set. Maybe the solution is either to set up "swallow" for each of your translators or more simply remove your input-output default routing so that the translator and ONLY the translator processes the incoming signal from your device.
Thanks for the explanation !

Fixed !