Launchpad Led by column

trabz

2016-10-29 19:58:21

Hey !

I'm working on this project and I'm stuck...
Step by step results looked promising, but the end result is just not what I was mapping.
Basically I'm mapping my launchpad mk2 8x8 grid to show me what ableton instruments are selected:

LED Column:
Column 1&2: All red LEDs initially then turning green if the pad is toggle
Column 3&4: All blue LEDs initially then turning green if the pad is toggle
Column 5 to 8: All white LEDs initially then turning green if the pad is toggle

Banks:
Bank 1: when pressed, every pad from the 8x8 grid is now deactivated (I have a traktor mapping on bank 1). The LEDS are replaced by my traktor mapping.
Bank 2: this is the "ableton instrument select" bank (aka this project); when Bank 2 is pressed, the 8x8 grid lights up with the colors specified in the "Column section" above

Problems encoutered:
-During the mapping, pretty much every LED was lit correctly (initial color then turning green when pad pressed), but when I unplugged/re plugged the Launchpad for the final result, it didn't make any sense; colors that I didn't map are here, it seems like the velocity values are mixed up...
-Banks are not working the way they should

Could someone point out what is wrong in the project?
LP mk2 ABL instrument select LED FB.bmtp
(35.66 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Cheers

Nico

florian

2016-11-01 14:23:09

Hi trabz,
currently traveling (without launchpad), so cannot try right now. Will look at it next week. Maybe someone else here can check it out before that.
Florian

sjcaldwell

2016-11-03 13:38:29

trabz, what type of Launchpad do you have? I'm looking to do this with launchpad mini when I buy one. Anxious to see how things turn out.

trabz

2016-11-03 13:55:29

sjcaldwell wrote:trabz, what type of Launchpad do you have? I'm looking to do this with launchpad mini when I buy one. Anxious to see how things turn out.
Right now I got launchpad mk2, and launchpad S. I'm gonna sell the S and buy a pro though

Here's a topic that can be helpful: Lighting up pads for Resolume.

I took the idea from it to map my launchpad mk2

trabz

2016-11-04 16:47:48

Update:

Fixed the project myself, it's now working
Think I had the "click" regarding how the software is working =)

I'll post it here so that it can be re-used or modified !
LP MK-2 ABL instrument select with LED FB.bmtp
(32.63 KiB) Downloaded 218 times

sjcaldwell

2016-11-04 16:57:06

Wonderful. This will come in handy when I get my controller. Thanks!