BOME Midi Translator w/ Trilian Spectrasonics (After Upgrade to v1.8.1)

cashperkins

2016-09-28 01:38:22

So I'm using Bome Midi Translator at the latest version, v1.8.1 in combination with an Allen & Heath GS R24m 24ch mixing console and an Allen & Heath analog interface. I'm connecting the IN and OUT of the analog interface to a Digidesign MIDI I/O on port 9 (both IN / OUT). Prior to the update, when using the trilian spectrasonics plugin (bass plugin), it had no problems, however after the update now trilian seems to pick up the ping from BOME translator communicating with the R24m mixing console. This creates a very loud low rumble note that seems to be played at the same time as the ping. Remember this was not an issue before the update. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Or know whether it would just be better to revert back to an older version of BOME?

If a revert to an older version is the answer, how is this done?

I am running Pro Tools 10 HD3, and I'm using Trilian on an instrument channel, it doesn't matter what midi input channel I assign to it, all midi channel inputs to the instrument channel cause the ping to play a bass note

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

florian

2016-09-28 01:51:06

Hi, there should not be anything different in the new version regarding MIDI processing and routing. Can you verify in the Log Window in MIDI Translator to which port(s) the ping message is sent?

cashperkins

2016-09-28 02:15:53

florian wrote:Hi, there should not be anything different in the new version regarding MIDI processing and routing. Can you verify in the Log Window in MIDI Translator to which port(s) the ping message is sent?
Thanks for your quick reply, yeah I tried reverting to an older version (1.8.0) and that didn't solve the problem. However, the fader banking function on my board that uses BOME has MUCH better functionality now than it did with 1.8.1, before it would jumble my faders and not show accurate fader levels with my pro tools sessions and would lag out entirely til it would eventually cease to send any signal. Now with the older version update it seems to work just fine. However the ping issue with Trilian still remains... I'm also getting a problem with my fader banking button on my mixing console (solo/select button for the ST1 and ST2 channels) now plays a midi note on one of my other instruments. Is BOME sending my fader banking button midi to all channels now? Getting really confused

I tried to make sense of the log but wasn't quite sure what I was looking at or how to read what port its sending or receiving from if you could give me some pointers. Am I monitoring the Incoming/Outgoing? Or the Midi In / Midi Out? I take it midi in / midi out...

Thanks!

florian

2016-10-01 15:40:36

Hi,
I hope that there's something else going on, because there should not be any difference in MIDI processing from 1.8.0 vs. 1.8.1! If you've found such a degradation, then it's a very serious issue.

Could you post the MIDI IN/MIDI OUT log of 1.8.0 and when doing approximately the same in 1.8.1?
Also, can you please post the project file you're using?
And, if possible, a screenshot of the project properties' MIDI INPUT and MIDI OUTPUT lists?
Are you on OS X or on Windows?

You can just over-install 1.8.1 over 1.8.0 and vice versa (no uninstalling necessary).

Your help is much appreciated.
Best regards,
Florian