How to prevent Logic Pro X from getting input form controler

AlanLeach

2016-09-25 17:42:25

Hi there. I'm trying to use midi translator to use a Numark Mixtrack ProII as a control surface with Logic ProX. However I can't figure out how to stop Logic from learning the midi messages direct from the controller. Until I can prevent this from happening it's a bit of a non starter. Please help.

Sakis

2016-09-27 03:07:57

Make sure that in Logic the midi ports of your controller are not opened.
Then in BMT make a simple route:

Mixtrack-> BMTin->Translator option "Swallow MIDI Message / Do Not Route" -> BMTout -> Logic

AlanLeach

2016-09-27 19:53:06

Thanks for this but the problem is that I can't find anywhere to disable or close Midi ports in the current version of Logic. I've been going back to this on and off for 6 months now. If anyone has Logic ProX and can hel then I'd really appreciate this as internet searches are bringing up nothing.

Thanks

AlanLeach

2016-09-27 20:02:13

The more I read on forums, the more it seem's that Logic Pro has no means of disabling / ignoring particular midi devices which if this is the case, it renders Bome quite useless on this particular DAW. (I hope I'm wrong)

Sakis

2016-09-27 21:23:45

AlanLeach

2016-09-27 22:15:48

Ah right. I can see what this does but the problem I'm having is I'm using BMT to try to remap a control surface to add certain functionality. However in Logic even after disabling the Numark as your video showed as a midi input, this doesnt stop it from still functioning in the Control Surface section. As soon as I use the Learn feature it recognises the midi signal coming from the Mixtrack. This is what I'm failing to accomplish. I can't prevent the Logic Controller Assignments section from recognising the Numark unit when learning midi commands.

Many thanks

Alan

Sakis

2016-09-27 23:20:00

I think you should contact Apple. They are very good on the support.
But you have to describe the exact scenario to give you an answer.

Good luck! :)

AlanLeach

2016-09-27 23:30:10

OK Thank you. My project is working great with Cubase BTW. I was just hoping to port it to Logic.

florian

2016-09-27 23:45:01

It would be great if MT Pro could act as a filter directly on the Numark MIDI port, but that's relatively difficult to implement (if at all possible). We'll note it on our feature request list.
Florian

AlanLeach

2016-09-27 23:53:34

Yes that would be great wouldn't it.