Photoshop mapping

alexkaplan

2016-08-28 02:58:04

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can share their Photoshop mapping and which MIDI they use? I am not very tech savy but would like to be able to use MIDI and Photoshop. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide :-)

lanz_the_joiner

2016-08-28 20:58:33

I am very interested in using MIDI in Photoshop. I believe there is a considerable demand for more physical control in Photoshop and Illustrator - the professionals and enthusiasts I've seen tend to applaud Wacom for adding more buttons and things to their tablets, and they like the idea of abandoning the keyboard.

Florian has put together some useful mappings, which are in a thread over on page two of this forum.

If you are on Apple OS, you can send AppleScript messages from Bome's MT. Keyboard shortcuts are great, but for certain actions, scripts will provide more direct and powerful control.

If you are on Windows, using AppleScript is not an option. I am currently thinking about how I can best make the case to the Bome's MT team that adding JavaScript support to Bome's MT's outgoing messages would be a worthwhile investment for them. I think that due to the high demand for MIDI control in Photoshop and Illustrator, and the lack of any real competing products that provide this, Bome's MT could gain many new users willing to purchase the software if it had this option. The only thing coming close to what MT could offer is Palette, which limits you to using their own overpriced and limited MIDI controllers.

I imagine that since AppleScript outgoing messages are already a part of the software, it would not be very difficult or complicated to add JavaScript support. Of course, I could easily be wrong about this.

I would be very grateful if Florian or another member of the MT team respond to the question of whether the addition of JavaScript support to MT is something that could possibly happen. Sorry to Alexkaplan that this message isn't what you were looking for.