A little set of suggestions for next release or the one after -

gabriels

2016-08-15 01:22:48

I think these ideas may have been suggested before, but if not:

- it would be very useful (during debugging especially) to be able to group presets or translators and then enable and disable them as a group. This would allow one to isolate problems more easily. This would also allow me to disable the initialization routines that bring up the system. I know there are ways to do this automatically, but not without a bit of a hassle.

- Less importantly, it would be nice to be able to make it so only selected presets are visible in the preset window. In this way one could navigate back and forth between presets that are involved in the same action, but separated by many other presets. Of course, one could try to keep these presets together, but sometimes it makes more sense to place them apart from each other.

- It would be useful if lines in translator lines were visibly numbered to allow navigation in accordance with listings in the Log window.

- It would be useful if one could double-click lines in the Log Window and thereby select and navigate to the relevant preset and translator.

I think the following was mentioned before (by me) :) :
- Make the Log Window searchable.

One last small request:
- It would be terrific if one could just think of the input and desired output of one's system as a whole, and if then, the thoughts alone would then be transformed into working code. I imagine this might have to wait for the release after the imminent one. :P

Actually, I hope never to be able to use these features if they are implemented....I'm so close to completing MT programming for my setup. It's been such an amazing tool - allowing me to really take control of MIDI actions and create an intuitive and playable instrument. But I'm finally really really close.
Thanks to Florian and Jared for providing and supporting MT.
Gabriel

florian

2016-09-03 16:09:26

Hi Gabriels,
thanks for the suggestions.

1) You can already enable/disable multiple presets and translators at once. Either by pressing SPACE or by using the (right-click) menu "activate/deactivate".

2) reducing the preset list to only active ones is a good idea. I'll add it to the feature request list.

3) translators (and presets) are numbered! :)

4) good idea to make the Log lines clickable!

Thought control is one of the most important feature for version 2. It works bidirectionally so that MT Pro can remap what you actually want to do, which can simplify your projects a lot. :idea:

Thanks, too!
Florian

gabriels

2016-09-04 22:17:32

Ha Ha.... the upcoming thought control is diabolically brilliant, Florian. When I think of the countless hours I've devoted to achieving goals that I only thought I wanted....

Please elaborate on the numbering of translator lines. I do see that they're numbered in the log file, but then, finding, for example,
RULE 22.41 in the translator itself is more difficult.
I don't see the line numbers displayed in the translators, and counting lines in order to find, say, line 41 is tedious. Am I missing something?
Thanks,
Gabriel

florian

2016-09-13 23:53:33

Ah, there's been a slight misunderstanding. Something like "RULE 22.41:10" in the log means it's a rule in preset 22, translator entry 41, Rule line 10. The preset and translator names are prepended in the lists with these index numbers. Rules line numbers are not visible in the translator editor, sorry. It's noted for a future version. "RULE 22.41" references the same translator without a rule line number.
Florian