Change midi channel - note off?

Kasper

2016-08-06 14:40:10

Hi,

I'm interested in buying this product but want to check if my wishes are possible to program.

I play in a worship team where songs and setlist are changed on the spot.

All my sounds are coming from UVI workstation where I have multiple sounds loaded on different midi channels.
My master keyboard can output 4 different midi channels at once. It also have 1 knob per channel for volume or some other parameter.

I want to create stacks on the fly. Based on the 4 zones (midi channels from the masterkeyboard):
1: piano, rhodes, organ
2: lead synth, brasses etc
3: pad synth 1, strings etc
4: pad synth 2 etc (cutoff filters on modulation wheel)

I want to select per 'zone' one of the patches, midi channel translation from the master keyboards channel.
I want to select this using drum pads of a korg nanopad 2.

I know midi channel translation is possible using global vars.

I want one specific thing extra.
I often change the patch (midi channel) while still holding keys in the old patch. I want the noteoff event translated to the old patch (midi channel)

Is this possible to program?

Change midi translation based on events of another midi input device.
Remember the old midi translation setting for the note off events?

I hope I explained it well.

Kind regards,
Kasper

florian

2016-09-03 15:50:50

Hi Kasper,
sorry for the late reply! We're usually responding fast on this forum.

Configuring the MIDI mapping in real time from a different MIDI controller is definitely possible with MT Pro and relatively easy.

Routing pending Note Off's to the old channel if the channel was changed in between is somewhat difficult, but it is possible to do in MT Pro.

Have you tried the trial version yet? You shouldn't purchase without trying first!
http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator/downloads

Regards,
Florian