Different actions for one key

Keysman

2016-07-30 17:26:41

hello,

Can someone tell me, how to use certain keys for different actions.

For example:
When I press ctrl+ M and release the keys, the key 1 to 8 can mute my input 1 to 8.
Then, when I press ctrl+ M again, i want the key 1 to 8 to have theyre old functions.
But when I press ctrl+ i and release it, then I want the keys 1-8 to controll the volume from input 1 to 8.
I want that to work with more combinations of keys like ctrl+ s for solo and ctrl+ o for the output volume.

If someone knows what I mean and can help me, please answer my question.

Thanks

DvlsAdvct

2016-07-30 18:42:47

Hey Keysman

You want to use global variables for this. When you press the keystroke Ctrl + M it increments a global variable from 0 to 1. And then back again when you press it the second time. Same think for Ctrl + I, Ctrl + S and Ctrl + O

Are you using just keyboard keys 1-8 above the letters, or are you using pads/keys of a controller? Does your software require keystrokes or can it use MIDI?

Jared

Keysman

2016-07-31 23:52:52

Hi Jared,

many thanks for your help! Yes, I'd like using a Computer keyboard keys 1-8 above the letters. I have no Control surface That's why I want a MCU simulate to TotalMix FX to use. I'd like that the keys on the computer 1-8 above the letters as the 8 Faders, 8 rotary encoders, 8 Mute butonns, 8 solo buttons etc. working like on the MCU. For this reason I want the keyboard keys 1-8 above the letters to occupy several times or reserve different actions with them.