Just can't wrap my head around this... Now HIRING a more experienced Bome user!

Julious

2016-07-25 23:30:07

As the title suggest, I have problems programming with MIDI Translator myself so I'm looking for someone to help.

What I'm trying to achieve is the following:

1) I want Bome to respond on a MIDI controller's output notes by translating them into a mouse click-and-hold and moving the mouse to the direction a knob is turned. The knob turns indefinitely. (This is the easy part and what I was able to program myself.)

2) When a button of this controller giving out MIDI notes (the knobs work as buttons too) is being pressed and hold down, that will affect the knob turning(1) by increasing the amount of mouse movement per tick by let's say 10 times.

3) These buttons have to have a function on button release too but only when that button(=knob) is not being turned. In other words when pressing(2) AND turning(1) a knob this function should not be performed on button release. The function would be a series of mouse movements and clicks.

4) Lastly, these knobs need to have a threshold which ignores a knob turn until it has been turned let's say for two ticks and then starting from the third it will perform the action(1). This threshold would need to reset after one second from last received MIDI input of that particular knob.

---

I acknowledge this is a really complicated task and that is why I'm ready to hire someone experienced in MIDI Translator programming. What I would need is one working knob performing all these features and I can continue mapping the rest of the knobs based on that.
If you think you could pull this off I would greatly appreciate if you contacted me and I will give you more details about this. My email is mail@julious.fi .

Oh, and I hope my request will not enrage moderators here in this board. I understand we're moving kinda in the grey area here since discussion should focus in technical stuff on this board. My situation is that I'd really love to get this all to work but I simply don't have the time to figure it out myself and there isn't a better place to find well suited people for my little project than this place. :)

Thanks!

DvlsAdvct

2016-07-28 02:33:41

Hi Julious

As one of the two moderators here, I just want to make it clear a post like this is 100% acceptable. If anyone is interested in working with you, we'd love for you to find them here.

I am not able to help with anything intensive only due to time constraints, but I can still help with problems on the forum.

When you say the knobs work as buttons do, do you mean the knobs also output note messages? What device is it?

Thanks
Jared

Julious

2016-07-28 09:16:57

DvlsAdvct wrote:Hi Julious

As one of the two moderators here, I just want to make it clear a post like this is 100% acceptable. If anyone is interested in working with you, we'd love for you to find them here.

I am not able to help with anything intensive only due to time constraints, but I can still help with problems on the forum.

When you say the knobs work as buttons do, do you mean the knobs also output note messages? What device is it?

Thanks
Jared
Hi Jared,

That's great. Thank you for letting me know.

The device is Midi Fighter Twister by DJ TechTools. It gives out 4 distinguishable MIDI notes for each knob/button:
Turn left (B0 VV 3F), turn right (B0 VV 41), button press (B1 VV 7F) and button release (B1 VV 00). VV being the id of the knob.

On continuous knob turn it just repeats the same note over and over again. The knobs are toggleable to work more like potentiometers too but this setup I think is the best for the purpose I'm after.