Bome MIDI Translator Pro Trial doesn't start

ssebs

2016-07-23 17:17:36

I'm trying to evaluate "Bome MIDI Translator Pro Trial" on win 10 x64 (family).

I did installed, but then the app doesn't start. No error message, no error in windows event log.

What is strange is that the "classic edition" do start. But I need more features :?

DvlsAdvct

2016-07-23 22:33:41

Hi ssebs

Does the MT Pro icon display in the system tray?

Jared

ssebs

2016-07-23 22:53:16

DvlsAdvct wrote:Hi ssebs

Does the MT Pro icon display in the system tray?

Jared
No, and in the task manager, there's no "MIDITranslator.exe" process running.
It really doesn't start, without error message :?
I even tried to run it as admin, but not better.

DvlsAdvct

2016-07-23 22:59:45

Can you try an uninstall, restart, reinstall, restart, and then try and run it.

Thanks
J

ssebs

2016-07-24 14:32:47

DvlsAdvct wrote:Can you try an uninstall, restart, reinstall, restart, and then try and run it.

Thanks
J
Still the same issue.

I even did this morning reinstalled windows 10 (apps & documents kept).

I don't know if this could be related, but I noticed this:
The installer also installs "Virtual Midi".
If I uninstall Midi translator, then "virtual midi" is still in the installed programs list. But I can't install it, it does nothing when pressing "uninstall".
To uninstall it, I have 1st to uninstall "virtual midi", and then "Midi translator".

I even tried to uninstall "virtual midi", then reboot, then tried to launch "Midi translator" (in case this other soft was not required but introducing an issue). But still "Midi translator" doesn't start.

DvlsAdvct

2016-07-24 18:46:31

Well that's definitely not good.

Let me pass this on to the boss-man and see if he has any advice. I would say do a full uninstall of everything, including those virtual MIDI ports and try reinstalling from there, but it sounds like you've already done that.

ssebs

2016-07-24 19:14:34

DvlsAdvct wrote:Well that's definitely not good.

Let me pass this on to the boss-man and see if he has any advice. I would say do a full uninstall of everything, including those virtual MIDI ports and try reinstalling from there, but it sounds like you've already done that.
Well, that's a bit the twilight zone :D

Anyway, forget about this issue; I found another way of doing what I want, since I couldn't use Midi translator in an easy way.

Thanks for your help :wink:

florian

2016-07-25 11:37:34

Hi Ssebs,
thank you very much for reporting this problem. Of course, a non-starting application is one of the worst scenarios for us! We'll do everything possible to get it to work on your computer.

And a clarification: because the Bome virtual MIDI ports are shared with many other applications which use virtual MIDI ports, they are not uninstalled automatically when uninstalling MIDI Translator Pro.

You'd do us a great favor if you could at least try the pre-release version of the upcoming MT Pro version 1.8.1... I'll PM you via email.

Thanks,
Florian

florian

2016-09-08 14:31:19

Hey guys, just so that you know: version 1.8.1 is now available: Enjoy!
Florian