My use case

soundsinvision

2016-07-19 01:32:59

I am having trouble how to use BMT to modify the signals from an Akai APC40 (mk1). What I need to do is change ALL the buttons which are latch switches to flash buttons - i.e. whether they send 0 or 127 for note off or note on respectively, I want them to always send a flash of value 127. The program that needs data this way is Freestyler (lighting control software, which has native support for the APC40 BUT it respects the latch/unlatch programming which is a pain in the backside.

The snag is, I also want any signal other than these buttons (which are coming on different channels, according to the Capture mode on Input when creating translation rules) to remain untouched. The native support in my program for the APC40 knows how to light/unlight individual trigger buttons so it will handle the response.

There are 8x3 buttons like this above the faders on the APC40, all on respective channels (e.g. the 3 buttons for fader 1 send on channel 1, the 3 for fader 2 send on channel 2, etc).
There are also another 8ish toggle buttons on the right by the rotary encoders.

So, how do I create the rules above? Presumably it needs to look for the buttons being pressed that need to behave as latch first, then if no rules have been met I want it to pass the signal straight through to the virtual port (and two are listed in BMT, how does that work).

TIA for advice.

DvlsAdvct

2016-07-23 22:25:28

Hi soundsinvision

I'm assuming by latch you mean toggle (127 on press the first time and 0 the second) and flash to mean 127 on press every time.

So you'd need the buttons that send toggle signals to instead send 127 every time they are pressed? I just want to confirm so I can get the messages together.

Thanks
Jared

soundsinvision

2016-07-25 11:40:56

Hi Jared

That's it, yes.

Thanks,
Dave

DvlsAdvct

2016-07-28 02:22:16

Hi soundsinvision

This shouldn't be too difficult. Because we need to define the individual buttons that are sending the signals, can you just tell me the three buttons for each channel? I'm assuming they are channels 1-8, and it's the same three buttons for each channel. Also, what are the 8ish toggle buttons? I'm assuming they are the same channel and in order, so I'd just need the first and last buttons so I can give you the examples.

Thanks
Jared