Bringing up Traktor and Ableton windows

trabz

2016-07-13 19:09:02

Hey boys

I bought the software yesterday, which looks promising to say the least :)

I'm trying to set my launchpad to bring up either ableton or traktor window depending on which pad I press. It should have been easy to map but it doesn't work and I can't figure out what's wrong...

I used the windows inject event : got the green box for each translator and clicked on the window header. It seems to work since "find" is working.

About the routing, it shouldn't be more complicated than that right? Pressing the launchpad pad is sending from launchpad to the virtual midi 1. On traktor I added a generic midi, in port=BMT1 and out port= none (and the CTRL indicator confirms the signal is received). On ableton I enabled BMT1 aswell
Sans titre.JPG
Sans titre.JPG (155.28 KiB) Viewed 4854 times
If someone could point out what is wrong, would be nice :)

Cheers

DvlsAdvct

2016-07-18 01:57:07

Hi trabz

The commands you are using don't do what you're trying to do, unfortunately. It requires a slightly different set up. Right now you are just passing MIDI through, and then use a key stroke command with no keyboard command selected. What I would do is use Mouse commands do bring up each command. Keep the same MIDI message you have selected as Incoming, but change your OUtgoing to Mouse.

Have Mouse Button Clicks selected, Clicks (down+up), and the Left radio button. Click Capture and click on the icon in the taskbar for Traktor.

Let me know if that works, and if so, do the same for Ableton. You'll need to make sure those icons are pinned, though, so it always works

Jared

trabz

2016-08-01 12:30:21

Hi Jared sorry for the late answer, thanks for your help !

I misunderstood the commands, I though it would inject a software window, not a windows software :)

I tried to capture the mouse, it's pretty weird because 1 translator is not working and the other hits 3cm away from the target, although ABL and traktor are both pinned to the taskbar

I'll dig this

trabz

2016-08-02 18:24:53

I fixed it

I fixed false targets, so with the discrepancy it's now hitting right on the taskbar icons.

Problem is, it seems to only work when I'm on the desktop. I mean I'm on the desktop, I press the traktor or ableton window call button, and it's working. But pressing the other button won't call the other window.

trabz

2016-09-13 19:43:10

I still can't make it work : it seems to only work when I'm on the desktop. I mean I'm on the desktop, I press the traktor or ableton window call button, and it's working. But pressing the other button won't call the other window.

florian

2016-09-14 00:35:16

Hi Trabz,
thanks for letting us know. I have trouble understanding what exactly you mean. What is a call button? What is the other button? Can you post an annotated screen shot and your project file?
Thanks,
Florian

trabz

2016-09-14 19:25:16

Hi Florian

I mean that I'm using my controllers buttons to outgo a mouse click to switch between my two softwares; when I press button 1 I'd like to bring up ("call") the traktor window (from taskbar), and when I press button 2 I'd like to bring up ableton's window (from the taskbar). So that I can juggle between the two software windows pressing my controllers buttons.

The problem is : once button1 (bring traktor window) is pressed it's kinda locking the mouse on the taskbar icon; pressing button2 wont bring up ableton window. And vice versa

Here's my Project File I remapped it today.
PROJECT NICO BOMES.bmtp
(1.8 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
LMK if I wasn't more clear!

Have a good evening

florian

2016-09-16 09:47:12

Hi, I've tried your project and it works fine here. I haven't tried with Ableton and Traktor, but with other applications which I can bring up as needed.
If you have only 2 applications visible, then you can also use Keystroke Alt-Tab as outgoing action (it must read "Alt(Tab)").
Regards,
Florian

trabz

2016-09-19 19:57:20

florian wrote:Hi, I've tried your project and it works fine here. I haven't tried with Ableton and Traktor, but with other applications which I can bring up as needed.
If you have only 2 applications visible, then you can also use Keystroke Alt-Tab as outgoing action (it must read "Alt(Tab)").
Regards,
Florian
Hi Florian,

I ran every test I could to bypass the problem. Nothing worked.
Then I tried to run Bome as administrator and my original project now works :)
Thx for your help

florian

2016-09-22 20:45:53

Hmmm, curious! We generally advise to not run any program "as administrator".
Are Traktor and Ableton Live running as administrator on your system? If yes, it makes sense...

Thanks,
Florian

trabz

2016-10-29 12:29:21

florian wrote:Hmmm, curious! We generally advise to not run any program "as administrator".
Are Traktor and Ableton Live running as administrator on your system? If yes, it makes sense...

Thanks,
Florian
Yes both DAWs are running as administrator aswell !

Thanks
Nico