Activate Key ONLY on press

Clanksits

2016-07-03 00:29:23

I've looked around for a bit to try to find a solution on this as to not be "that guy" on the forums, but I haven't been able to find an answer, surprisingly.

Whenever I press a key on my piano, which I want the keystroke to = 1, it will enter a 1 for whenever the piano key goes down, and another 1 for when the key goes up. I know that there's a key up and down event, but after playing with it for a while I still can't get it to work.

I'm trying to get it to work to play a virtual piano on an online game that I play that's qwerty based. Every time that I hit the key and release it on my piano, I end up just hitting the virtual key twice due to the repetition on release.

I wish I had more insight on how things worked so I could get it to work on my own, but... :roll:

The way that I want things to work is whenever I hit a piano key, it taps and releases a 1 and then whenever i let go of the note on my piano there's no extra tap and release of 1.

I tried putting the note velocity to 00 and setting it to key down no repeat, but I only get a 1 whenever I release the piano key, which is the opposite of what a pianist is used to.
Remember, I'm only creating something for me to play MY piano on a QWERTY keyboard. I still want it to function like a normal piano.

Scr1pter

2016-07-03 12:54:50

Hi,

Ok, so you want to control a QWERTY keyboard with your piano.
It is not clear to me why you haven't had success since you know there is a Note On and Note off command.
Incoming -> MIDI message -> Note On [any velocity] -> Key A2 (for example)
Outgoing -> Key Stroke -> Physical keys -> Q (for example)

This does work, but additionally you hear the same note when releasing the key?
Try it with 1 Preset and 1 translator only (so only 1 note and 1 key - for a test).

DvlsAdvct

2016-07-18 01:39:31

Hi Clanksits

I'm unsure of what you're trying to do, and your post seems a little contradictory.

If you want to send a 1 every time you press and release the piano key, then you want translators that looks like:

Code: Select all

Translator 1: 1 on Press
Incoming: MIDI Message
Note On
Note: [i](Whatever note you're looking for)[/i]
Velocity: Any Velocity
Rules: none
Outgoing: Key Stroke
Text: 1

Translator 2: 1 on Release
Note Off
Rules: None
Text: 1
If you want it to hold 1 for as long as you have the note pressed you want:

Code: Select all

Translator 1: 1 Down
Note On
Rules: none
Down: 1

Translator 2: 1 Up
Note Off
Rules: None
Up: 1
And I think those are your two options. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks
Jared