Single midi pad to launch cues in multiple DAW

morningfatty

2016-06-17 07:22:55

Hello, I've been on a long and tiresome quest to achieve a very specific function. Hours upon hours of forum research. I think (hope) Bome MT is the final piece to my puzzle. I just want to be sure before purchasing.

I'm running Quickshow XL by Pangolin for ILDA laser control. I'm also using Sunlite Suite 2 for DMX fixture control. Both have midi control capability. Both software needs to be perfectly synced in order to start and stop the light show. I'm hoping to have my MPK249 trigger both software and assign a single button to launch both shows simultaneously. Its important they launch at the same time, if there is the slightest bit of lag it will throw one of the shows off beat.

I realize using one button to control two separate functions is unrealistic. I'd even be keen to have 1 pad control Quickshow, another pad control Sunlite suite, and then a third pad that triggers pad 1 and 2 simultaneously.

Is this a possibility with MT. If so.......take my money now!!!

P.s. I'm using a MacBook pro, but with windows 10 parallel as my lighting software is Windows only.

ibanman555

2016-06-18 21:44:22

Midi Translator has virtual ports which allows you to take a single command, and output that multiple daws or other midi devices. You can also take a pad command and output multiple midi messages, whatever you need to activate a function in your software programs.