MTP Only works when OnScreen Keyboard is active

Jingles

2016-05-31 00:37:43

Hi there!

Kinda new here and really looking forward to buying this wonderful piece of software.
However, keystrokes I'm sending from MIDI events only go to my DAW (Cubase 8.5 Pro) when I have the on-screen keyboard enabled (Windows 10).

This is on the Bome MIDI Translator Pro Trial (latest version).
Also, previous versions of the Bome MIDI Translator didn't support keystrokes that have more than 2 keys.. Any explanation? :)

Cheers!
Jingles

DvlsAdvct

2016-05-31 15:41:08

Hi Jingles

The newest version of MT Pro allows you to directly inject keystrokes to an application. Have you tried that? I'll pass the other requests on to Florian since he would be better served to answer.

Thanks
Jared

florian

2016-06-03 01:05:43

Hi Jingles,
no clue what's going on here. It certainly works fine here to emulate keystrokes with or without an on-screen keyboard. The only thing to care about is if you run Cubase as an administrator, then MT Pro also needs to run as Adminstrator to be able to send keystrokes to Cubase.

We've also received reports that Cubase does not receive MT's keystrokes at all (we haven't been able to test on our own though). So maybe the on-screen keyboard is some kind of a work-around?

Thanks,
Florian

florian

2016-06-14 11:38:55

Hi Jingles,
have you found out anything else?
Thanks!
Florian