AKAI APC 40- chanel changing issues in Resolume

rud-x

2016-05-05 10:26:29

hi Guys!

Sorry, if it's obvious, but is there any option to change/switch the chanel on an Akai APC 40 in Resolume 5. I mean, if i mapped 8 effects for 8 knobs for the whole composition, can I map the same 8 knobs with other effects on an other channel?

I didn't find any solution yet, but BOME is probably an option. If i would be able to create a command-button, which alternates all of the midi messages of the knobs, that would be perfect.

And an other question:
If i mapped 8 buttons on a layer (for 8 clips), but i'd like to control more than 15 clips in one layer - is there any option? I think chanel changing or alternating the middi message would be also a solution for this issue.

Thx in advance!
R.

DvlsAdvct

2016-05-09 15:24:10

Hi R.

Yes, what you want to do is definitely possible. You can use variables or presets for each one. It does require some design and some basic scripting, but it's doable.

Jared

RichardKer

2016-05-18 21:14:51

H everyone.

I just bought a Akai APC40 and I was very nervous to see if it would work with resolume. Im glad to say that It works fine
I have started mapping the controller manually with "edit composition midi map" and "edit application midi map":
clip triggering, fades, stop layer playback and so on. Tonight I will hopefully get the knobs to work with the effects.

Ill maybe post a video to show you my settings later on.

Theres only one major thing I would like to solved now, feedback. It would be awesome to have my buttons light when the layer is active and so on.

DvlsAdvct

2016-05-22 18:28:13

Hi RichardKer

If you want to do that, you'll need to utilize MT Pro to send MIDI signals to your controller. It is definitely doable, but can be time consuming.