Can't find settings_dlg_icon.png

bob@bobethomas.com

2016-04-20 13:50:54

Is there a reason I've been getting this lately on my computer- Can't find settings_dlg_icon.png? Thanks.

florian

2016-04-20 15:13:45

Hi Bob, thanks for the report. Where and when does this error pop up? I assume it's when running MT Pro 1.8.0? On Windows or Mac?
Thanks,
Florian

bob@bobethomas.com

2016-04-20 15:32:39

Florian, yes Windows 7... I just reinstalled 1.8 onto itself and now everything seems normal... by the way, I did a second try with 8.1 on the Win 8.1 laptop, and I had another crash and when uninstalling it went to the BSOD... not sure what that was about... anyway, still find 1.8 extremely useful... thanks for keeping in touch with the forum as you do, very nice to get such a quick response... BT

bob@bobethomas.com

2016-04-22 15:29:00

Reinstalled 1.8 and I still get the message error \icons\settings_dlg_icon.png not found... I've included a screen shot of the error...
once I have the error I can load Midi Translator and it seems to work fine. But I can't get it to start automatically because of this error... any ideas what is causing it? Does 1.8 even use an icon called settings_dlg_icon.png? Or is some other program expecting it from MT 1.8? Thanks for your tech support. BT
Attachments
Bomes Midi Translator - error - settings_dlg_icon.jpg
Bomes Midi Translator - error - settings_dlg_icon.jpg (180.61 KiB) Viewed 2201 times

florian

2016-04-22 21:36:48

ah wait, are you using a 3rd party to auto start MIDI Translator? aren't you using a third-party app to put it in a tray? And the settings image error only happens when auto started?

Yes, MT internally uses such a PNG file as an icon in the settings dialog. It seems to be the first image to be loaded. Chances are that all other icons would fail, too, but MT already bails out on the first failed image. MT does not look pretty without icons! The icons are in the program itself, so it's kind of strange that they're not found. The only thing I can imagine is that the "current directory" at start of the program may need to point to the program folder.

Sorry for your various problems... at least they're new and fresh problems ;)

Regards,
Florian

bob@bobethomas.com

2016-04-22 22:13:09

I think you're right about the TrayIt! application having something to do with it... something about autostart from MT and the TrayIt! wanting to send it to the system tray... yeah, fresh problems are my specialty ;-) thanks for your suggestions... have a great and relaxing weekend... Bob T