Midi Clock Translate to CC

lape

2016-04-09 19:16:22

Hey guys.

I really like the Midi Translator but I am confused...

I get the Time Code from my RC300 BOSS Looper and I sync it to Reaper via SPP. But Reaper can't read the Tempo of
the Preset. So I thought I can translate the Timing Clock F8 to a CC which TAPs the Tempo in Reaper...

First I translate the Timing Code to a CC. Now I have to divide the CC / 24 because I read that this gives the original Tempo.
But I am confused about the Virtual In and Outs of the Bome Translator. I want to create a second translator that receives the CC
but I just get the Timing Clock :(

Another problem is that I am not able to use Rules... Maybe I dont need the Timing Clock to CC transformation if
I apply a rule which divides Timing Clock / 24?

Please help guys! :)

DvlsAdvct

2016-04-13 01:18:52

Hi lape

Sorry for the delay, I was out of town all weekend.

WHat you want to do is doable, but you don't want to divide anything by 24. Instead, you want to add up all the F8 signals until you get to 24, and then send the CC message. The F8 signal also doesn't give the tempo, it just triggers 24 times a beat. So what you can do is count the 24 ticks of F8, and then send a CC message for the tap.

For the virtual ports, make sure MT Pro can receive signals from your BOSS Looper. I don't know what SPP is, unfortunately, but what you want to do is then make sure Reaper can receive signals from Bome Virtual MIDI Port 1 by activating it.

Your translator should look something like this:

Code: Select all

Translator 1: MIDI Clock
Incoming: MIDI Message
Timing Clock
Rules: g0=g0+1
if g0<24 then goto "Ignore"
if g0>24 then goto "Trigger"
Label "Ignore"
Exit rules, skip outgoing action
Label "Trigger"
g0=0