How?: Roland Lucina -Pitch Bend>FLStudio>Massive>Modulator Rate

xyulie

2016-03-27 23:32:29

Wanted to know, before I purchase it, using the program, would I be able to assign my pitch bend on my Roland Lucina to the "Modulator Rate" of the oscillators in Massive on Fruity Loops? I can't do this with "MIDI Learn" [PC - Windows 10]

DvlsAdvct

2016-04-01 16:02:44

Hi xyulie

Yes, you should be able to do this, as long as the pitch bend wheel on your Lucina sends over the MIDI port.

Thanks
Jared

xyulie

2016-04-01 16:21:16

xyulie wrote:Wanted to know, before I purchase it, using the program, would I be able to assign my pitch bend on my Roland Lucina to the "Modulator Rate" of the oscillators in Massive on Fruity Loops? I can't do this with "MIDI Learn" [PC - Windows 10]
DvlsAdvct wrote:Hi xyulie

Yes, you should be able to do this, as long as the pitch bend wheel on your Lucina sends over the MIDI port.

Thanks
Jared
can I get a step-by-step? macro controls are new to me

DvlsAdvct

2016-04-02 01:20:15

You don't need to worry about macro controls.

After you have connected the Lucina to your computer, can you open a MIDI monitor, (use the program MIDI-OX if you're on Windows, or just apple's MIDI monitor) and turn the pitch bend wheel. Does a message appear?

Thanks
Jared

xyulie

2016-04-02 01:57:42

DvlsAdvct wrote:You don't need to worry about macro controls.

After you have connected the Lucina to your computer, can you open a MIDI monitor, (use the program MIDI-OX if you're on Windows, or just apple's MIDI monitor) and turn the pitch bend wheel. Does a message appear?

Thanks
Jared

No, no message appears. I've been tinkering with this concept in the trial version btw. {Windows/ PC }

DvlsAdvct

2016-04-04 20:41:17

The only way it will show up in MT Pro is if you create a translator for it. If you download MIDI-Ox you should be able to see all of the messages being transmitted by the device.

If nothing comes through then it is likely the pitch wheel doesn't send MIDI. Is there anything listed in the manual?

Jared

xyulie

2016-04-04 22:25:26

DvlsAdvct wrote:The only way it will show up in MT Pro is if you create a translator for it. If you download MIDI-Ox you should be able to see all of the messages being transmitted by the device.

If nothing comes through then it is likely the pitch wheel doesn't send MIDI. Is there anything listed in the manual?

Jared

I can control the pitch wheel on Massive, but as far as other oscillators, on its own, no. I should be able to link it to one of the CC's 0-127. "MIDI Learn" doesn't work in this case.
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/261050 ... elected=2#

DvlsAdvct

2016-04-04 23:49:27

If it's a true pitch bend message then it'll send on the E0 message, instead of the B0 (CC). After the MIDI Message drop-down, select Pitch Bend and see if you can capture MIDI from there. Or select the Any bend amount from the Bend Amount drop-down.

Let me know if that helps.
J

xyulie

2016-04-05 03:18:52

DvlsAdvct wrote:If it's a true pitch bend message then it'll send on the E0 message, instead of the B0 (CC). After the MIDI Message drop-down, select Pitch Bend and see if you can capture MIDI from there. Or select the Any bend amount from the Bend Amount drop-down.

Let me know if that helps.
J
Much success. Your solution worked perfectly. I have complete control over oscillator in-time with my pitch bend. :)