How to combine midi note and cc for velocity soft step 2

travbus

2016-03-26 09:45:14

Soft step 2 does not send midi nots and velocity pressure together like most drum pads. However I can get it to send each separately could I use this translator to see both midi note and cc velocity and merge them and out put them together to work like a drum pad?

Thanks,
Tk

DvlsAdvct

2016-03-26 21:44:54

What kind of messages does it send? Is it a Note with velocity followed by a CC message?

Jared

travbus

2016-03-27 01:12:58

This is what I got the midi set up to do sends note 64 with fixed velocity and then along with that sending a cc with the pressure I attached a photo
Attachments
softstep.jpg
softstep.jpg (74.05 KiB) Viewed 3107 times

DvlsAdvct

2016-03-27 18:54:02

So for this, What we can do is change the CC message to a note message. You'd still need a translator for the Note, or connect a virtual connection in the router to pass the note through, then the CC will replace the note value.

Let me know if this works.

Code: Select all

Translator 1: CC Value
Incoming: MIDI Message
Channel 1
CC - 60
Any Velocity
Rules: None
Outgoing Message: MIDI Message
Channel 1
Note 64

travbus

2016-03-29 18:44:03

That did not work I got it half working

midi message in cc value assigned to a variable 00

midi message out note on set note and i set velocity to variable 00

now I'm getting a note out and a velocity but it fires my drum pad a million times as the velocity will start at zero then go up and go back down to zero

I need to be able to assign the max velocity of the drum pad hit and send that out with the note.

DvlsAdvct

2016-04-01 16:06:44

Hi travbus

I'm confused as to what you need.

When you press the pad, what do you want to happen? I was under the impression you wanted a fixed velocity every time the CC triggers. Do you, instead, want it to always send the max velocity when you press? And then what does the CC message need to do?

Thanks
Jared

travbus

2016-04-02 06:49:38

I ended up just buying the 12 step which sends the velocity and the midi note at the same time. Where as the soft step 2 only sends either or. I it actually worked out good now I have the 12 step as drum pads and the soft step for midi controls.