A bit of Boolean!

4225jon

2016-01-28 19:27:48

As a retired hardware eng, and long time "jazzer" , I can see how BMT could transform the playing pleasure of an "Arranger" keyboard.
All models play accompaniment "STYLES"-which require key inputs from an assigned LH section of the keyboard; but with a limited
choice of input patterns.-- "single note" (root) or "3 or 4" (fingered notes) to produce the correct accompaniment. Needs be, but
many modern players would be overjoyed with a 3rd choice, -just 2 notes in the left hand for an uncluttered performance,particularly
with organ or string pads. Initially just 3 and 7 gives the correct dominant extension,and as there are only uniquely 6 in the key of C.
we can play a blues straight off ! I KNOW.. But a simple button press transposes to either the key you want to hear it in,or finger it in.
I once did it in hardware ,using "exclusive-OR gates ,as the function we want is " ONLY note input X + note input Y = note output Z".
The returned note Z can then trigger the accompaniment section in "single note mode" assigned to a hidden LOW octave. Is this function attainable in the current version.