Change MIDI notes of a controller Xone 1D

Anonymous

2016-01-25 22:15:36

Hello everyone, I have a question about how to change the function of a fader on a USB midi controller to controll an analog drum machine's volume. The controller I have is the A&H Xone 1D and I would like to control the volumes of the instruments of a Korg Volca Beats. When I connect the Xone to the little machine the only two functions that work are the kick (note C1) and the snare (note D1 of the controller), so the connection seems to work. What I would like to do is change the outputs informations coming from the Xone so that the volumes of the Korg will be controlled by the faders of the controller. I'm already on channel 10 of the Xone beacuse is the standard MIDI channel for drum machines.
I have MIDI Transaltor 1.7.2.

Luca

DvlsAdvct

2016-01-27 19:45:27

Hi Luca

First, I would recommend upgrading to version 1.8. it will provide a lot of improvements in layout and functionality.

Second, you will need to connect the 1D to the Volca through your computer for this to work. What you can do is create translators for any control of your 1D and translate the output to what the Volca needs. You can also change the channel, if need be.

Thanks
Jared