Full physical knob rotation

Nanoboss

2016-01-24 06:17:34

Hi, n00b question. The control potentiometer send a range 0-127 velocities to the Translator incoming, and the outcoming required range is 01-99 (program changes) I got it working and no rules need. Simple.
The problem is about the waste of rotation knob when physically it reach the position for velocity number 99 The incoming rest of 100 to 127 is dead path.

Is a rule required for assign these incoming 1-127 velocities to a output range of 1-99 and use the full knob physical rotation?

thanks for help.

Nanoboss

2016-01-24 08:33:10

UPDATE
Hi forum! I got it by myself again with the help of an example posted by Attigo in an old topic: http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... shop#p7926 . I modified the translators to fit my requirements.

Code: Select all

[x] Preset 0: BACK FORWARD 01

[x] Translator 0.0: T 00
Options: swallow
Incoming: MIDI B0 10 oo
Rules:
  if oo>=gg then Goto "Forward"
  gg=oo
  exit rules, skip Outgoing Action
  Label "Forward"
  gg=oo
  oo=oo*18
  pp=oo/23
  if gb==pp then exit rules, skip Outgoing Action
  gb=pp
Outgoing: MIDI C0 pp

[x] Translator 0.1: T 01
Options: swallow
Incoming: MIDI B0 10 oo
Rules:
  if oo<=gc then Goto "Back"
  gc=oo
  exit rules, skip Outgoing Action
  Label "Back"
  gc=oo
  oo=oo*18
  pp=oo/23
  if gd==pp then exit rules, skip Outgoing Action
  gd=pp
Outgoing: MIDI C0 pp

despite been successful modifying some values, especially on rules, have to admit I still in the dark side at rules logic on BMT. My math is not very good, and I know must have patience, the learning curve is not a roses path, but I swear I'll make it, I have the feel BMT is more an inversion than an expense.
BTW, any help or at least a "welcome to board greenhorn" would be appreciated.

DvlsAdvct

2016-01-27 19:42:45

Congrats on figuring it out. I am currently working on creating some videos to demystify this stuff and make it more clear.

Keep digging. You'll get what you need :)
J

Nanoboss

2016-01-28 05:53:54

Thanks, a bit also it is a matter of self-pride and stubbornned :) . Hey, such videos and any tutorial are welcome!
A suggestion if I may, would be a glossary of presets, including configuration and rules of general purpose, and also tips for developing the mathematical and logical understanding, especially for musicians living in a universe where the only numbers coming to mind are those related to rent payment, and cost of girl date dinner.