combining Fl Studio and Serato

neelyxx

2016-01-22 06:32:01

Hello,

I'm new here and I have a problem i couldn't figure out how to solve it:

What I' m trying to do is to combine the step-sequencer/ piano roll of fl studio with the sample player in serato. I have 6 sample decks filled with drum samples and I want the midi note from fl studio to trigger the sample and release again so that evry sample can be played individually long. I got it to work except one problem: the sample gets always triggered double with a little bit delay. On the decks it works fine just the sample player has this problem. I tried evrything to solve it. But I didn't get it. I guess the play button of each sample deck doesn't understand midi notes with velocity value so I want to try to translate them to cc messages. Does anybody have a opinion about it? What do I have to write in bome midi translator? Thanks for evry usefully idea, I would be so happy if I get it to work

DvlsAdvct

2016-01-27 19:38:52

Hi neelyxx

Serato SHOULD understand velocity, since you can route pads to it with velocity sensitivity for volume control. So it's weird it's not picking it up. What might be happening is FL Studio is sending a message to Serato that is "incorrect" as far as Serato is concerned.

If you were using MT Pro, what I would do is connect FL Studio to MT Pro, and create a translator for a single line of the step sequencer. From there I would view the log window to try and see what is happening. It might be sending an on/off message at the same time, which is kind of how Ableton works.

If there's any way you can snoop on the MIDI line that would be great

Jared

rifter

2016-02-06 20:45:26

FL Studio use two note ON messages one full on and one at zero, and not note ON - note OFF. Maybe it's that...
Triggering FL Studio Performance Mode from MT for the first clip of the first Track (note C0, channel 1) would be this:

ON (pressing the button)
Outgoing 90 00 7F

OFF (releasing the button)
Outgoing 90 00 00