More Global Variables

Heavenstorm

2007-01-31 15:12:58

I have recently purchased Midi Translator Pro and I am very impressed with its capabilities. I am setting up a live stage rig using a Roland Fantom X7. I am using 16 of the 24 global variables to assign layering functions for 16 internal channels that I can now use keys on the computer's keyboard for. (Press once for on, and again for off.) I would like to add 16 more for my XR rack unit, but I won't have enough global variables to do this.

Would it be possible to add variables g00 - g99? Instead of putting them in the drop down menu (Which would make it unmanageable), just allow them to be typed in for those who need them.

Also I would like to see a way to define global variables using a table.
The table would display all of the variables available, indicating which ones are in use, and allow me to enter a description for any variable so they're easier to keep track of.

Thank you

Chris

florian

2007-02-01 00:23:14

Hi Chris,

thanks for the great feature requests. I acknowledge that the current variable system is inflexible and too limited. For internal reasons, variables need to be 2 letter codes. In the development version, I have just added the ranges [g0...g9], [ha...hz], and [h0..h9] as new global variables for a start.

BUT, I guess for the future, the only "real" way is too allow any word as variable. I've put this down as feature request for the next major version after 1.5.
Then, I guess, you wouldn't need a table? Although a free-form "readme" document that is stored with the .bmtp file is probably a good idea for all sorts of explanations.

There'll also be free-form comments for the rules so that you can add some explanations there.

Florian

Heavenstorm

2007-02-01 03:45:44

Thank you for considering my requests. I really appreciate it.

tems

2007-11-28 11:58:30

I have purchased the pro edition of MT, but i only seem to have Global Variables from ga-gz. From what you say about development version, do you mean the next version to come out will have [g0...g9], [ha...hz], and [h0..h9] as i could really do with them to help with my set up.

Many thanks

Tom

tems

2007-11-29 22:37:35

It's ok, i've upgraded now, so i have the full range 8)

florian

2007-11-29 22:45:52

oh, glad to read this. I was already wondering what happened to those new variables :lol:

Florian

florian

2009-03-27 17:36:25

Hi,

the version 1.7 for Windows, and version 1.6.1 for OS X offers even more variables: all 2-letter variables starting with g,h,i,...n.

Regards,
Florian

case56

2012-02-23 12:57:10

Hi :)

Could I ask for even more global Variables? or would that be too Greedy? :mrgreen:

Cheers

florian

2012-03-09 16:08:50

version 2.0 will allow freely named variables...
Florian